Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfeild Trails are a RIP OFF ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfeild Trails are a RIP OFF ! ! !

Yeah...I have the same manual you do...I am surprised that the helmet law was dropped in PA for motorcycles...as for the breaking the law part...there are many laws on the books that are not enforced ...Thank God!

Some of us still have the privilege of making sane choices for ourselves...just so we don't **** anybody off it will remain that way.

I would join a local volunteer fire dept. or such if I knew it would make life easier....just a thought for some who want the local cops to turn a blind eye.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: squeege
Yeah...I have the same manual you do...I am surprised that the helmet law was dropped in PA for motorcycles...as for the breaking the law part...there are many laws on the books that are not enforced ...Thank God!
If it's on the books there is always the possibility of getting a ticket. The local's have a bad day or a state police officer comes through and it could get expensive. Hope it works out good for you though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

i agree that h/m is a rip off. its not that they are poor trails, or that i live in state, becausei live a bout 2 hours away, and i liked the trails but the price is horrible. there nice but not that nice. i paid 25$ for a pass to wayne national(about two hours north), that gives me access to three different parks, and over 200miles of well maintained land. another great place is harlan, kentucky, which is totally free, and you can run to taco bell if needed.the price is the only bad part about h/m. nothing wrong with drinking a beer or 12 on the trail as long as you got some cent$!!!!

Old 05-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Trailblazer

I think HMT trails is a ripp-off too ... I mean, I have been there a half a dozen times and have never once seen a Hatfield or a McCoy ... jerks and their false advertising!!! I drive all the way over there and ride with my camera ready, trail pass straped to my back and insurance ziplocked in my pocket, only to just get stupid pictures of beautiful mountains, creeks and forest. Stupid nature!! No damn feuding families or anything. I got stuck riding hundreds of trails only to meet friendly and responsible fellow riders without shotguns!! Can you believe the nerve of them and that stupid "chase the carrot" name?

Old 05-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sneyeper
I think HMT trails is a ripp-off too ... I mean, I have been there a half a dozen times and have never once seen a Hatfield or a McCoy ... jerks and their false advertising!!! I drive all the way over there and ride with my camera ready, trail pass straped to my back and insurance ziplocked in my pocket, only to just get stupid pictures of beautiful mountains, creeks and forest. Stupid nature!! No damn feuding families or anything. I got stuck riding hundreds of trails only to meet friendly and responsible fellow riders without shotguns!! Can you believe the nerve of them and that stupid "chase the carrot" name?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Come to think of it, I have never noticed a Hatfield OR Mccoy out on the trail(s) either. THat really ticks me off!!

Old 05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

quadfest tickets only $30
www.thequadfest.com/thequadfest/index.html

Old 05-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Scooter86
Certainly much better than what is publicly available here in the great state of New York.
Now THAT's funny!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]:

Old 06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

Last year, I was out on the Little Coal River trail system and came accross a real "back country" scruffy lookin feller. Lot of grey/white whishers; beard had to be 5 inches long at least. He looked alot like the pictures of the HM clans. He was warning us to stop because there was a rattler on the edge of the trail. He pulled out a six-shooter and took a couple of sots at the snake. I don't know what started that feud but I was glad I was there to witness it in person. My older brother said, "lets get outta here, ok?!?"

I noticed this year there were signs at all the trail heads "No Firearms Allowd" I think there was an ACLU case pending by Rattlers Local 903.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer

I went out east to the Hatfield/McCoy a couple years ago. All I can say.........the local people were very nice and helpful, but I have no desire to drive that far to ride that trail system ever again. I would rather drive 2 days west and go to Utah to ride. Roughly 80% of the land is public, either National forest land or BLM. You can ride anywhere.....if you behave your self. We never had any issues with the law.....even when we were riding on the road shoulders. The law just waved at us as they pasted us. The scenery is tremendously better out west.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: squeege
...I am surprised that the helmet law was dropped in PA for motorcycles...
I wonder how Steeler fans are feeling about that today?

Quick Reply: Hatfeild Trails are a RIP OFF ! ! !