Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

camping at wayne in nelsonville

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camping at wayne in nelsonville

i ride at wayne in nelsonville sometimes and have been wanting to go camping there an cant find any info or pics of camp ohio or williams camp. i have a camper and was wondering which camp ground is nicer as far as showers camp sites, other things to do like hiking, boating, or any activities besides fourwheelin.(you know, for the wifey and kids to do why im out fourwheelin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].i live in ironton (about two hours away)and any pics or info would be greatly appriciated. i wish they would make are trail systems like nelsonville, with electric camp sites, and even a snack bar, (it was like an oasis.)we got a $hit load of trails but none of which has electric campsites.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

mykool,

Here's a link I found for Williams Campground. Sorry I can't give you any more info about it as I haven't camped there. We usually camp at one of the parking lots down there....Usually near Parking Lot #5. Hope the link helps!

http://www.willcamp.com/wilcmp.htm

Old 06-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Range Rover

Camp Ohio has shade, and trail access. Williams has trail access, and a small store.(last time I stopped there anyway) Both have electric and water available. I have never stayed at either, these are my observations only. If I had to choose, it would be Camp Ohio.(I like some shade) I do know a number of riders who frequent Camp Ohio, and they say cleaner shower/bathrooms. I too, camp in the Dorr Run, Monday Creek area, better access to more trail, and free! I have a self-contained Class C anyway. Come early to camp in the Dorr Run area, it gets crowded quick!