Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pismo Beach!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pismo Beach!!!!!!

2Big2bFast - I'll look for you out there. I'll be on a white LTR and my son will be on a black Z with SKIN grafics. I remember you mentioning the wreck awhile back. I offered you a set of shocks on another thread. I was in a bad wreck 2 years ago (Jan) where I shattered my foot, broken ankle and torn ACL at Hollister Hills... It just takes time bud.... It took 3 surgeries to get me back together.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

hey 9195 i will be easy to find. just look for those over weight bombardiers . those big old slow pigs are easy to spot especialy when you get more than 5 or 6 together. its like a herd of buffalo. see you saturday

Old 06-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

Alright...what kind of air system should I run that will give me teh greatest performance and PROTECTION from sand. Most of my riding will be dunes and I want a good, proven setup. So far, I've been told to look into these but I think the use of this unit will require me to "jet" the quad...right?

Thanks.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://

http://www.ehsracing.com/EHS_WEB/Products/AirBox_Covers/LTZ_KFX400_EHS_ABX.aspx">

http://www.ehsracing.com/EHS_WEB/Products/AirBox_Covers/LTZ_KFX400_EHS_ABX.aspx</a>

Old 06-16-2006, 07:15 AM
Pro Rider

well im taking my bike with me afterall. dude get you a k&n air filter with an outer wear and your good to go.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

K&N ONLY with an outerware in sand.... I've seen some people insist foam filters are better in sand. K&N filters let more air in then foam filters. And since sand gets into everything be sure to add a level of protection to your carb/motor with an outerware.... Infact, I do the old school thing and use a pair of panyhose over my airbox lid (which is removed) as well... Trust me... it works....

Once you add the K&N you may need to go to a larger jet to compinsate for the extra air. I had to on my Z.

2Big.. good to hear you're getting back on the horse... take it easy in the dunes with that leg.... I'll be getting to pismo around 3-3:30 today. Parking just past the ATV rental area. I'll have a lifted black excursion w/a funrunner toyhauler w/large Harley sticker on the back door.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

Are you guys familiar with this setup?

http://www.ehsracing.com/EHS_WEB/Pro...0_EHS_ABX.aspx

What do you guys think? Should I just go with a K&N and pantyhose? Thanks.

Also, how do I know if I will need to rejet?

Old 06-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

s9195 thanks for taking the time to drop by and say hi. like i said before its not what you ride its all about having a good time. i hoped you liked the races and i hoped i made you feel welcome at thr drags, when ever i get over this heeling process we will have to hook up and ride somewhere.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks 2Big - We had a great time until our last ride on Sat when my 15 year old son decided to take the Z off a 20 foot+ drop off in 3rd... He actually landed it on all 4... but I ended up having to take him to get 7 stitches in his eye brow's and found that he chiped #2, 3, & 4 vertebrae.... Needless to say he's missing football camp this summer....

The Z needs a new axel, right rear rim, and some looking into the lower steering stem mount.....

But the main thing is that he's walking around looking like he went 3 rounds with someone....

Old 06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

hey im glad to hear evrything came out alright.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. I've been warmed about 'razorback' dunes.

He's 15, he'll be good as new in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Pismo Beach!!!!!!