Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Planning a trip out West...info?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning a trip out West...info?

I ride southern OH area, with a mostly stock (UNI filter) 300ex. Heading to Gunnison/St. George/Moab in September...Anyone tell me what to expect with the elevation difference?
Also, anyone who rides out there...I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Old 06-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/493674.cfm

You can't be out there rejeting on the trail. I use the TPI Valve (http://www.thunderproducts.com/tpi_valve.htm) installed in the airbox lid, to adjust the air intake druing altitude changes. It works superbly!

If you are talking EARLY September, it can still be very hot in Moab and St. George! I usually figure more toward Halloween for a trip out to that area, but then again, I have been snowed on that time of year too!

Old 06-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three guys lining up 3wks. vacation limited our choice of when to go. 2nd wk. of September is the latest we can leave. I mountanbiked Col.Springs/St.George/Gooseberry Mesa/Moab 4 yrs.ago in early Oct. Moab was a little hot and we had snow higher up, all in all it was perfect. This trip shouldn't be as physically demanding.
Jetting problems once we get there is exactly what I want to avoid. Just so I'm clear...are we talking about using the TPI with stock jetting?
Just starting to hammer out details of the trip. What about neccesary registration/permits out there?...riding areas you'd suggest? Anything you can tell me would help. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:51 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jet for the lowest elevation where you will ride, then let the TPI increse the airflow as you go higher and encounter thinner air.

I jet for sea level, but in fact, there are some places where I ride that are BELOW sea level.