Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Iron River, WI??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iron River, WI??

We are thinking of taking a trip to Iron River, WI. I'm wondering if anyone has ridden in that area and if it is a good place to ride. In the past, we have gone to Danbury, BRF, and Clam Lake and are looking for somewhere different to ride. Let me know!! Thanks!

Old 08-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Iron River, WI??

Where is clam lake.. Never been to iron river before...sorry not much help.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Iron River, WI??

My son and I camped and rode there the last 6 years, didn't go this year because we went to Silver Lake dunes instead, but you would love it. It has a bit of everything, narrow twisty trails, steep parts, flat long sections you can open up and go on, sandy to muddy soil (depends on the weather) and more loops and side trails than you could ride in a week. The trails are very well marked, maps are free from many places, and the whole town is very ATV friendly, you can drive right up to the gas stations in town, the major snowmobile trail takes you along Highway 2 almost across the state, and there are several smaller trails that branch off that. If you camp, it is hard to beat Tri Lake Timbers, just a couple miles east of town, you can tent it, bring an RV, or rent a cabin, with trail access from there, no trailers needed once you arrive !! In town, you can stay in a motel, and access the trails right from the parking lots, so it is up to you what you are looking for, cable tv and a real bed, camping (they have decent showers and bathrooms for the campers) or your own RV. What ever you decide, Iron River is a great trail system, I never get tired of it.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iron River, WI??

Awesome!! That is so good to hear - based on the trail maps I've seen, I wasn't sure about going there. But it sounds like exactly what we are looking for - variety and well marked trails. I can't wait to ride!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BTW - Clam Lake is in Ashland County - just east of Bayfield County/Iron River.