Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Finger Lakes Vs. Chadwick

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finger Lakes Vs. Chadwick

Some buddies of mine want to go to Finger Lakes. I've never been. Is the terrain similiar to Chadwick. I've heard it is rutted up pretty bad.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:30 AM
Trailblazer

I'm curious about what people think of finger lakes and what it is like... I was gonna post a ? about it, but saw this post and thought i'd 2nd the ? here instead...

Old 09-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have never been to Chadwick. Finger Lakes is a great place to ride if you like rough stuff. Many rutted trails that have mud and small but very very steep hillclimbs. Finger also has a motocross track to ride on when they are not having races. The trails at Finger Lakes might be difficult on a sport quad due to the mud and ruts. Pretty good sized riding area enough that you can't ride everything in a weekend. Also many of the trails criss/cross one another. I personally like Finger Lakes but many hate it due to rough trail conditions.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

2Fat2Old have you been to Perry, because it sounds kinda like Perry but bigger

Old 09-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yea I have been to Perry Lake and Deepwater. My opinion, Finger Lakes is the best out of those 3. Perry is fun but way to small and Deepwater is overcrowded on weekends. Finger Lakes really has some really knarly trails. The trails seem to change often. One ride you can go everywhere the next ride those same trails will be so rutted/tore up that you just have to go around. But that is what makes it fun. The last time I went to Finger Lakes one of my friends flipped his quad over backwards. He was fine but the Outlander is still in need of some fixing.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never been to Perry but I have been to finger lakes, Deepwater and Chadwick. In my opinion Chadwick is by far the best of the three. It is many times bigger and has nice campgrounds. Finger lakes and Deepwater is rutted up mud holes. It is fun to ride if that is what you are looking for. Both places you can hit all the trails in about half a day. Chadwick will take you atleast two days to run all the trails. St Joe state park just south of St Louis about 75 miles is a real nice park also.
Just my opinion.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

From what I've heard from other riders, Chadwick is one of the best places to ride because of its size and the fact that the trails are groomed. Also, it is mapped out. However, I disagree with your statement that all the Finger Lakes trails can be ridden in a half day. I've been there numerous times and everytime I go, I find areas that I haven't ridden yet. As far as mudholes and ruts, isn't that what an ATV is for? If I wanted a smooth, cushy ride, I would ride a golf cart around the golf course. For us KC area riders, Chadwick isn't always an option because of the distance. With Perry and Deepwater just over an hour and Finger Lakes two hours away, it tends to make them a better option if you are only able to ride one day.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

hey... help a buddy out here... I've been ridng at finger lakes (awesome!) and Joe's for 3 years. Hoever, I've never even heard of chadwick, deepwater, or perry. Would a kind soul care to tell me where they are? I'm a tad west-southwest of St. louis.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jimmy, Deepwater is located about 10 minutes South of Clinton Missouri on Hwy 13 on Truman Lake. Perry Lake is 1/2 hour Northwest of Lawrence Kansas. Perry is very small and not worth the trip from Southeast Missouri. Chadwick is Southeast of Springfield in Mark Twain National Forest. From what I have been told it is the best riding is the State of Missouri.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chadwick is southeast of Springfield Missouri about 30 mile south then east off of 14 hwy I believe. It is located in Chadwick Mo.
Deepwater is in Deepwater Missouri about 15 miles south of Clinton Mo. on Hwy 13. It si loacted on Truman lake.
St Joe state park is close to Farmington Mo. south of St Louis.

Quick Reply: Finger Lakes Vs. Chadwick