Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Finger Lakes Vs. Chadwick

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finger Lakes Vs. Chadwick

cool.. thanks for all the input guys... I'm not really scared off by the talk of some knarly terrain.. i like a good challenge.. besides, i always went after the tough stuff when riding, and I was usually on my RM250.. so having years of experience on dirtbikes, 3 and 4 wheelers... i must say that going for it on a quad is much easier than a motocrosser. .lol

i would certainly agree with 2fat2old on what he said about KC area riders. Chadwick isn't often an option since it's not a day trip, its a weekend option. Sadly I have yet to try it, but I will some day. I have been riding Perry and Deepwater for years though. Depending on where in KC area some of you guys are from, I definately suggest going out and trying Tuttle Creek and Milford sometime, they are about the same trip as Deepwater, just slightly more when coming from Olathe.

I think that my Dad and I will be heading to try out Finger Lakes on October 7th unless plans change. Can let know more for sure later, but if anybody would be interested in meeting up out there just let me know.

Boomer2 i'm not too far from you, west side of Olathe here. How many are there of you that go riding?

2fat2old what part of KC are you from?

oh and boomer2 i saw about the Oct 8th Blaster Riders meeting at Finger Lakes, i'll check with 2XSurvivr on that and see if he's up for that weekend, we've tried to meet up a couple times but it hasn't worked out yet.. lol... Would there be many guys out there for that on the Sat (7th) too? The 8th is my Dad's birthday so we'll need to be home for that to be with some friends and family.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

GoldtoeSox I don't know if any of the Blaster riders will be there Saturday. I wonder is there camping at Fingers Lake? The people I ride with are going to Chadwick that weekend. I usually ride with my family. Mom, Dad, wife, kids and brother and his family. Plus a bunch of carpenters I work with. I 've been going to Chadwick like 3 or 4 times a year.
Anyways who would want to make Chadwick a day trip. Theres to much riding for one day. Plus a nice campground in the woods.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Goldtoesox, I live in South KC near 435/Holmes area.

Boomer, Finger Lakes has a campground but the spots fill up fast. You can call the Ranger Station to make sure there are open spots before you go.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

Let's do this. I'm in. My boy's been working Saturdays but he's clearing the 30th and the 7th. So, Finger Lakes on the 7th. You going that day for sure, Goldtoesox?

If you (anybody in the Lawrence area) want to go together, let's work it out and ride together, or meet up there. I'd kinda like to camp out, maybe take Friday off, get a campsite early, and ride two days. Maybe. I gotta be back here on Sunday, although I'd like to meet the Blaster Riders (took your advice Boomer and joined), but I guess that won't work this time around, or any time if they ride mostly on Sundays.

Taylor (my 17y/o son) and I are also talking about going to Tuttle/Milford on the 30th. That's an away game for KSU, goldtoesox, so no traffic on 177! I think I can get a third quad on my trailer if you want to go with us there, show us around, etc. I'd also meet you guys at Perry that day, just to be able to meet and talk. Gas is going back up, have you noticed?

Old 09-21-2006, 02:55 AM
Trailblazer

so the 30th and the 7th.. . okay...

the 30th... will have to check schedule, i think my dad is busy but i might be free...i might be able to go and maybe drag my friend who came last time with his bike (about same age as your son), and maybe take my brother-in-law or another friend to throw on the other quad if we can... i will get back to you soon about that day... between Milford and Tuttle -- I'll go ahead and vote for Milford this time around if we go..

Sound like we're on for Finger Lakes on the 7th though!

Hey to anybody else interested... head to finger lakes on the 7th.. maybe more of us can meet...

which reminds me... we need to pick up a couple of whip flags now...

Old 09-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to disrupt, but thanks!!!

P.S. Any well-acclimated sport quad rider can not only get around, but haul some serious junk at Finger Lakes. I tore it up with my buddy on his RM 85. I used revrse once, and I coulda pushed. It's really not all too bad. Then again, I have a 300ex :-P

Old 07-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2fat2old
Chadwick is Southeast of Springfield in Mark Twain National Forest. From what I have been told it is the best riding is the State of Missouri.</end quote></div>

It is no doubt. Just got back from there today. We spent two hours on one trail alone. Very BIG, nice varity of trials (Easy to Impossible), fun holes/ swamps to bog around in, nice people, and clean and big campgrounds.

I've been told that this past year Chadwick was voted the most desireable place to wheelin in the USA.