Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Paiute Trail, Utah

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paiute Trail, Utah

Just got back from 9 days on a totally awesome ride in the Utah mountains. We spent 5 nites camping on the trail and 3 nite in places with hot showers. only rode about 350 miles and didn't even begin to see the whole trail system. Enjoyed fresh trout, saw numerous big game animals and even got snowed on at our 9500' elevation camp . This is a trail system that you just gotta' see to believe !!!

azoutty

Old 10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

azoutty.......A couple of us went out there from Wisconsin about 3 years ago. You are absolutely right on the money, incredible awesome. We rode approxomately 250 miles and wish we could have done more. Camping where you want alond the trail was great. Had 5 mule deer run right through our camp one early evening as we sat relaxing just 20 feet from thier path of travel.

We stopped at Moab on our way out to the Paiute trail and decided to stop there on the way back home, or we would have spent more time in the mountains. I can only hope to get out that way again. The trip for us was 1500 miles one way, so that puts alittle damper on yearly trips. Glad you had a wonderful and enjoyable time.

koolkodiak

Old 10-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Range Rover

We had a group of 9 there in August of '05. We rode over 500 miles of trails - base camp was big Rock Candy Mountain. There is nothing like it, that is for sure. I have heard folks say it is the ATV trip of a lifetime, and I have to agree. We are going to go back in August of '07 - making the plans now. Here is a link to the pics we took while we were there - http://quad-crew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2024 - I guess you have to copy and paste if you want to check them out

Did either of you ride the Hickman Canyon trail?? The view over the side of that one sure had the seat pucker factor going!

Old 10-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey, Kool, we met 4 of your fellow riders from Wisconsin one morning when I stopped to catch a few trout. I wish I had gotten their names/addy's because one of them rode off and left behind a pretty nice jacket.

Quad crew, I'd say Hickman Canyon has an 8 on a pucker factor of 10. The switchbacks above Wade Canyon down by Circleville with snow, mud, and windfall aspens were a bit exciting too. We were trying to make a run for Circleville to outrun a storm that was right on our butts and decided to let the storm win. Those switchbacks were awesome to me , but my fiance wasn't buying off on my kind of fun that day. She just wanted to get to the bottom in one cold, wet piece. I can't wait to go back!!! A local told me that they are adding 250 miles to the system as we speak and that a new updated National Geographic Map should be out next spring.

azoutty