Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where oh Where in Mid-East Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where oh Where in Mid-East Kansas

hmm... NE of Emporia... you cant be too far from Melvern Lake then?... .

Finger Lakes is just north of Columbia, Mo ... so it might be a ways for you to go, if you can make it that would be great, but if not i understand.. when we ride somewhere closer maybe you can meet up with us then if u cant make it to Finger Lakes...

Old 10-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Range Rover

Ten miles from Melvern lake by pavement. Closer by gravel, and even closer as the bird flies.

But, no, I won't be able to make it. My bosses refuse to give me saturdays off. Atleast, when I try they throw a fit. Still, like you said. When you can get closer I might be able to show up for a few hours.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Boomer2
That place in Coffeyville is it public access. Or private property.

Not Actual Public access...But you will not have any problem riding there. They have been riding there since the early 70's....Enjoy & have fun..

Old 10-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

2Xsurvivr I probably won't make it on Saturday. I've been having to work in the mornings, plus my wife has been working on Saturdays . So I probably have to ride on Sunday.

PitNazi thanks for the info on the rise area, I'll have to check it out.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey fellow riders. 3-wheels here. got the name from when i had my honda 200s.. Goldtoe's dad.. been riding many years, enjoy Tuttle, Milford, Perry, & deepwater. going to finger lakes this Sat with 2xsurvivr & goldtoesox.. it will be my 6th ride this summer since we got the Polaris's...can hardley wait.. looking forward to the woods, mud, water, hills, etc... hope to see some of you others ther...

Old 10-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer

This raises an interesting question (the Coffeyville property). Usually there's two options, a designated public area, or private land with the permission of the owner. This is neither. 600 acres to ride on in KS, that's unheard of, and I'm definitely interested. But if I go down there to ride and somebody stops me, what do I say? That Pitnazi said it was okay? I guess I'm asking for more information. Or an introduction to the owner. Whaddya say, Pitnazi, is there any more history or info on this location that you could provide? Thanks.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

2XSurvivr did you guys go to Finger Lakes Saturday? It's pretty hard for me to get away on a Saturday for now. It's our busy season in the construction industry. If you all ride out at Perry on a Saturday I could probably meet up with you guys. i know for sure I will be going to Chadwick for Thanksgiving, with my family.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

Finger Lakes was great. But 3 hours is about as much as I want to drive each way for a one day trip. I'll put some pictures up asap. We took four people, with three quads. My two nephews from Columbia met up with us. Goldtoesox brought two others including his dad; two quads and a bike. Good times.

Lots of ruts at Finger, but I found I don't mind that. Just ride the ridges. The MX track was fun for the jumpers (Taylor). I liked going down trails like a wild man, and having to brake when the next corner shows something impassible. Usually was a way around, which is good since I don't have reverse.

Boomer, since you work Saturdays, do you have any weekdays free? I'd take a day off to go somewhere together, maybe down to Coffeyville to check out that 600 acres thing. Just let me know. It'll happen.

EDIT: Here's a video of Taylor jumping. You finally get to hear the Blaster! link

Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 AM
Trailblazer

Yah man, Finger Lakes was a lot of fun. I know there was a TON of places that we didn't even make it to yet. The track was fun too. All in all it was a great day to be out, other than that the bike with us threw its chain which then busted a hole in the engine case.. lol.. OOPS!! atleast the day was over half done... I'll be putting up some video links and new pics later today probably...
I had some fun riding on Sunday as well with my dad and brother, but it was just at some stuff near my dads house.. some of it is on video...

I wont be able to go riding the next 2 saturdays... this saturday i've got some training for work and a couple other things, and the next saturday will be down at a family friends land they just bought... they're having a party to celebrate with friends and family (although we will prob have the toys down there to share with everyone)..
After that I will have to check the schedule to see what is going on..

I also need to figure out what i'm going to do with my 3wheeler... grrrr.. i blew some seal somewhere and now oil is leaking into the cylinder causing it to look like a spymobile with a smokescreen and oil is seeping out the upper casing as well. My clutch is also started slipping and rattling, telling me that the clutch plates need replaced.. but i think there's more to it than that since they're pretty new.... all in all i think that the motor basically just nuked itself in one big swoop.. so now i'm weighing my options before deciding what to do.. (although my neighbors 120 hp streetbike motor - still good - from his wrecked bike is a very tempting fate.. hahaha)

Old 10-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

The blaster sounded pretty good. I don't work all day on saturdays. i'm kind of hesitant to drive a couple of hours to ride for a day too.

Quick Reply: Where oh Where in Mid-East Kansas