Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where oh Where in Mid-East Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas?

I was just curious if anyone knew anywhere to ride in mid-eastern Kansas. I'm afraid I only know of one place ATVs are allowed to ride and that's about it.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Where oh Where in Mid-East Kansas

There a place near Manhattan, Junction City, Council Grove, and Burlington. Where are you at and what kind of riding are you looking for.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Range Rover

I'm about halfway between Burlington and Council Grove. Ridden a few times at John Redmond Reservoire over by Burlington. It's fun, but I'm wanting to scout some other places out, give some diversity to my riding. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Here's a link to some places to ride. John Redmonds pretty flat

Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Range Rover

Where do you live? There is some nice riding just north of Coffeyville on the river.

Directions: From Coffeyville: Go to Coffeyville. You will come on town on 11th street. Go
through town to the 4th stoplight.(Wal-Mart will be on the left
Ladies!!!) Turn right at light go to "T" intersection. turn left
then approx. 1 block turn back right on Cline. Go north out of town
approx. 5 miles after the last stopsign. As road curves to the left
stay right take the next right go approx. 1 1/2 miles to North Dam
area. Unload there and have fun.

If you are coming from Okla./Tulsa area - Take 169 north out of
Tulsa area to Coffeyville. At 1st stoplight turn left go 3 more
stoplights and follow directions above from the Wal-Mart light.

There is approx. 600+ acres of trails all over the area some real
good hillclimbs and trail riding....

Old 10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Range Rover

Thanks a lot. I'll definately be checking these places out as I get the time.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

That place in Coffeyville is it public access. Or private property.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

Leg, you must live in Harveyville or somewhere close to there. I read there is a place to ride in Council Grove. All I can find is a name, Bottomland, and a phone number, 316.767.5195. If you go out there, let me know if it's worth driving to.

I recommend Milford Lake. We went there last Saturday. Two big parking lots; drive down to the second one, which is right on the lake. North half of the property (starts from the first pkg lot) is some open grass with some nice terraces for jumps, and a lot of trees a level above the lake. We found a smooth but really steep/tall hill there to drive (fall) down and climb up. It was fun to open it up next to the water. South half is more woods, lots of fair-good technical stuff. The shoreline was really fun (soft sand). Goldtoesox got ate up by the edge of the Lake there. Wished I would've taken a picture instead of running out right away to help.

Anyway, I've been to Perry Lake several times now (just north of Lawrence, where I live), which is about half or a third the size of Milford. Perry's okay, but I was ready for something new. I understand the ORV area at Tuttle Creek, not far from Milford, is pretty good too. Big rocks and all.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:28 AM
Trailblazer

if you've been spending your time riding at redmond... well, most any of these other places will be like a wonderland in comparison... Milford, Tuttle Creek, Perry, and Deepwater are the primary places to go for this general area..
How do you like your predator? Those things are sweet...

2xSurvivr... that was fun out at Milford on sat... and yes.. the lake definately swallowed me up.. how was i supposed to know there was a rock ledge there that dropped off a few feet.. HAHAHA... good thing only dropped the 2 right tires off it instead of all 4 or i might've dissappeared altogether! Thx again for the help with that, sorry bout the wet feet... Taylor seemed to be getting a much better handle on the Blaster...

By the way everyone, next saturday, Oct 7th.. some of us will be going to Finger Lakes to ride.. if anyone wants to come with just drop a line or meet us there.. I will be with a tan GMC Safari and trailer with a Trailblazer and Sportsman (and maybe a yamaha bike too).. and 2xSurvivr i think will be there with the red Honda Passport and trailer with a Trailblazer and Blaster.. and maybe a Polaris Magnum (is that right?)... we'd love to have any of you join us out there, it should be a good time... none of us have been there before so we'll have some exploring to do, as well as playing on the MX track..

Old 10-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Range Rover

I'm in a map dot called Reading. 'Bout twenty miles north east of Emporia, and about that far south and just the tiniest bit west as the bird flies from Harveyville. As for the Predator I'm thoroughly loving it. Except for the fact that I got my sorry rear handed to me by a Honda 400ex.

Completely my fault. We were running on a gravel road and the Pred got to floating around. Still not quite used to it yet. I've had it only about a week having traded my Trailboss 330 for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

- Where's the Finger Lakes?

Quick Reply: Where oh Where in Mid-East Kansas