Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana

Sand stone trail is near Gorum, La. Its in the Red dirt wildlife management area.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I sure did pick up the new ride on Saturday. Took it to Mandeville and put about 5-6 hours on it over the weekend. Love it! I left it there for this week but it will mainly be kept here in Baton Rouge. Got to plan a ride around here!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer

where Around baton rouge would you ride? Any way let me know when you do i would like to try and come if you get one up around baton rouge.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer

Any one know any good places in north MS to ride? I live 45 mins from TN and about 5 mins from the MS RIVER.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Carp, those tire/wheel combos sound awesome, congrats. I've been in contact with a few guys around BR that ride the river banks, etc. They ride along the amite or Comite along the shores from what I understand. I have a lot of places to ride in my hometown of Mandeville so my bike is there right now but will be spending most of it's time in BR as well.
Also, I'm looking for people who'd like to make a day trip from BR to the Claiborne trails just south of Alexandria in Forresthill, La. I've camped there a few times but never ridden there. I know where to go and how to get there, just looking for some more people to go!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Trailblazer

hey dd783 thanks for the comments on the tires. Now i am looking at snorkle kits and lift kits. Well i work offshore so i am 14 days on and 14 days off. I wouldnt mind making some riding trips. Even though i live in north MS i have a lot of guys from work that are in that area that probably wouldnt mind going on some rides either. We are supposed to be getting one together sometime soon to go to red creek. Not sure when though. I live the fartherest away and i am trying to get it together so go figure. I have heard good things and bad things about red creek so i dont know. I guess we thought about going there because i dont know if any of them no where else to go. But that is cool just let me know when you narrow down a date and i will let you know if i am at work then or not.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

PENSACOLA FL.. WE RIDE AT JONE'S SWAMP LOT OF MUD AND WATER

Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do i know you Scooter. We love Jones but is it still legal?

Old 03-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Carp, the only place for sure I know to ride in North Mississippi is Trace State Park. It's got a little bit of everything. There is lots of mud for those who like that. And trails through some beautiful woods. And some real steep hills in some places. I always go around the mud but there are plenty of play areas where some stay in the mud. I saw two guys just riding around in water the whole day. The lake backs up into the woods and they were just going back and forth through the water with their snorkels. If you are curious about Trace, there are some pictures below of some of our rides there in this link:

http://www.southmississippiatva.com/trace.htm

This next link is to the MDWFP's website page about Trace. It has a link to the form you have to fill out there ($5.00 charge for riding) with links to the trail map, rules, and other odds and ends.

http://www.mdwfp.com/parkView/Parks.asp?ID=1818

This next link is to a couple of reviews of Trace:

http://www.southmississippiatva.com/tracereviews.htm

The only other place in North Mississippi that I know of is Potts Camp. I've heard that there were miles and miles of trails there and mud if you want it. BUT, I really have no idea if it's actually a public trail system or if the US Forestry Service just doesn't say anything about folks riding there. Many have been and love it, but I've never been. It may be a place in the national forest where people ride, but the forestry service doesn't mind. But I'm not sure if it's an advertised public trail system. But if it is an open trail system, I have no idea when it's open or closed. Maybe some others will know more about it. I do have directions to where people unload and ride.

Potts Camp is on Hwy 78 about 10 miles southeast of Holly Springs. Go to the Potts Camp exit. Once you're in Potts Camp, go south into town until you reach a 3-way stop, turn right. Go 3/4 mile (over two bridges) and turn right on Bethany Road (the first road after you cross the bridges). Bethany Road is a real curvy black top road. Go 5 miles and take a left on 661G. Look for the little brown sign with the road numbers on it. Go to the end of 661G, park unload and ride!! Note: You'll pass 661A before you get to 661G

I copied and pasted those directions so don't blame me if you get lost! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Also, they mentioned a camping area that is real close to the trailhead. If you were to look at a map, there is a Lake Chewalla that is right there at the trailhead and the camping area is on the other side of it.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

YES JONES IS STILL LEGAL ONLY IF YOU PARK NEXT TO ARBY'S

Quick Reply: Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana