Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New Hampshire ride at Franconia Notch

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hampshire ride at Franconia Notch

Hey Blue Chip, there are some great organizations in NH and living in Manchester your pretty close to all the trails. We ride with lots of folks from the Manchester area. You should definetly join a club or two. You'll meet some great folks, get the "skinny" on all the rides and just have a blast. We try to do a little maintenance here and there and the small fee to join a club ($15-20/year) is not a big crunch on anyones wallet.

Also, New Durham Valley ATV Club does allow trail bikes on their trail systems, so if that's your thing you should join...Some other trails systems are explicit in not allowing trail bikes..

Old 01-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Range Rover

If there is anybody interested in this ride please post your inquiry. I am trying to set up a network of people for rides for the upcoming season. I belong to 3 atv clubs and it is hard to get organized for a weekend or day trips.

I wish the atv clubs would post more rides on their web sites.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Range Rover

Cleve, a lot of the rides are informal and are not neccessarily organized by the various clubs..I know a lot if us from New England post rides almost every weekend on www.atvalliance.com These rides are open to all who wish to come along. Also, being winter riding is somewhat limited, although with a lack of snow ATVers are getting more riding time in this winter.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Range Rover

Bank,
Thanks for the info on that web site,I'll bookmark it on my favorite links.
I have had some of the best 4 wheeling during the winter,alot of the trails that I have been on that have just a small amount of snowcover are easier to ride on because the snow smooths out the trails...on the flip side of that the snow also covers big rocks that blend in with the background. Pisgah State Park is one of my favorite winter riding spots.

Cleve

Old 01-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer

I would be interested in this ride but I have a sport quad and I'm not sure how it would handle those trails if at all. Does anybody plan on staying overnight or would it be a day trip?

Chris

Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

Bank,

I checked out the ATV Alliance site. Looks like there is a great group of people from New Enlgand. I just registered and hopefully I can hook up on one of your rides.

It is good to know of a group of people in New England.

Thanks for the info!

Old 01-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

Good deal Eiger..We do a lot of riding in NH and ME and ave rides almost every weekend. Some of the best riding is at Sullivan County in Newport/Claremont NH..Also ME, but a lot of trails there are closed for the season. However, in the summer and fall the trails there can't be beat especially around the Rangeley area as well as up by Presque Isle and Aroostook County..It's a hike too the county but well worth the ride.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer

I just signed up as well Bank. I look forward to meeting you all and getting out on those trails. By the way, for those in the Manchester area, I have a powerline trail behind my house that gets used quite frequently for 2 and 4 wheelers. I hear there is a fair amount of trails out there for Manchester. If anyone wants to come check it out, you are welcome to come park at my house. Just shoot me a PM.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Range Rover

Welcome aboard BlueChip.. Keep watching for rides...Also, becareful about posting some of those trails is there not exactly "kosher" You'll end with a bunch of people at your backyard riding..next thing you know the cops and F&G at your front door!

Old 01-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

Bank,
Thanks for the heads-up on ATV alliance, I signed up yesterday.

Jester...
There were sport quads on the trails at the Notch ride last year,if the ride is shorter than last year then it shouldn't be a problem,last year's ride went for over 20 miles deep into the National Forest,through logging trails and ended at this motel/diner serving hot food,etc...
That ride would have been very tough on a sport quad,one of the guys riding with us had 2 wheel drive and bald tires,he made it the whole way but only because we had winches.
I did see one Polaris atv off the side of the trail with a broken a-arm..."bummer".

Quick Reply: New Hampshire ride at Franconia Notch