Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

buffalo NY

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buffalo NY

Does anyone live in this AREA? I have been offered a job there and I am thinking about taking it. I was born in NY, so it will be good to get home.

I was wondering what it is like there, any places to ride and how the school's are.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

mark

Old 02-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Range Rover
Default buffalo NY

HAHA, you must be the only person around moving TO Buffalo. Quad riding in WNY is almost non-existent. Figure on going 150-200 miles round trip to legally ride.

Schools are OK

Old 02-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default buffalo NY

I live on the Lancaster/ Elma line, Majestic's is 84 miles Drive to Drive. The Trails in Allegheny National forest is about 110 miles to the closest trail head.
Copper ridge is 72 miles. There are two privite ride areas I have never been to one in Cuba and one over by Onoville area.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default buffalo NY

I'm over in Rochester, just over an hour east. The taxes around here are high, the snow is deep, and those guys aren't kidding about having to drive an insane amount to find decent riding. There is a place that just reopened near Dunkirk though that is decent. ATV Ontario has a billion miles of trails if you care to go north of the border.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Range Rover
Default buffalo NY

Originally posted by: mrrmx1
I live on the Lancaster/ Elma line, Majestic's is 84 miles Drive to Drive. The Trails in Allegheny National forest is about 110 miles to the closest trail head.
Copper ridge is 72 miles. There are two privite ride areas I have never been to one in Cuba and one over by Onoville area.
Your comment about Majestic is kind of funny because I also have calculated "drive to drive" for that. 82 miles for me! I went to Timberline in PA first time ever last year. That was like 120-125 one way because we had to go 10 miles out of our way just to get a permit at a PA ranger station. Lots of fire department dice runs around the Bradford area, but that's the same distance as Majestic. Never tried Trailpass or CopperRidge, but I will try CR this year.

There's another new place, name escapes right now, in Northeast, PA. You can take the Thruway all the way there and get there quicker that way.

Lastly, hey MRRMX1, try Chestnut Ridge Park. You can ride there in the winter. I was there Friday, Sat, Sunday this past weekend. Less quad riders than usual, maybe 4-5, which I can't understand. You need a free park pass which is available from the Erie County Parks. You need ins and reg to get it though, and at least on weekends Sheriff Dep's will check occassionally. You would think this place would be BUSTING with quad riders. Where else are you going to ride legally 10 miles outside Buffalo???

Old 02-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default buffalo NY

How do you register a quad? I live in GA and there is none of that stuff here.....Insurance? how do you get that?

Old 02-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Range Rover
Default buffalo NY

Originally posted by: GAMARK
How do you register a quad? I live in GA and there is none of that stuff here.....Insurance? how do you get that?
Insurance, I went online to Progressive and got both quads for like $125 a year total

Registration is the same as your car, go to the NYS DMV. Proof of ownership, insurance, and all their crappy fees. You may have to pay sales tax if you never did. Hope you have a title. Any where you want to ride you will need ins and reg any way

Old 02-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default buffalo NY

There's another new place, name escapes right now, in Northeast, PA. You can take the Thruway all the way there and get there quicker that way.

Let us know the name of the place when you recall it...Thanks.

Copper Ridge, I never rode there. I get mixed reviews on it, One guy will say its ruts mile after mile and the next rider says its technical riding. It is one of those go see for myself places. I ride a lot with the girlfriend so I need to know what the trail is like. She loves mud and water, But not steep hill climbs Majestic's is where she likes to ride. She finds it challanging but feels safe. I myself ride a bike...since she is on the wheeler. I ride a lot with guys on wheelers, That stigma of bikes and wheelers dont mix does not hold true....at least for me. But back to the ride areas. I would like to hit the Cuba NY trails that Trailpass had posted. Once again I would need to know what it is like before the G/F can go...And If I do go ride with out her, I get that look...I see there is a place off the 390 that has trails, The name I do not recall but a on line search will come up with it. Not Rocky Roost ...something Pines?
Allegheny can be a great time if the bike trail is used, Rocky Gap can be a fun time. I use to go to Canada to ride in the winter. Turkey Point is the name of the place . It use to be a great area to ride, But as with all ride areas they cut section out and closed off a good portion to ATV's. All sand and whoops until you would plead for flat ground. But when it was cold and wet out the sand drains off like in no time. no mud at all. So spring and winter it was awesome to ride there.

Cheers
MRRMX

Old 02-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Range Rover
Default buffalo NY

Originally posted by: mrrmx1

Let us know the name of the place when you recall it...Thanks.

Cheers
MRRMX
Here it is. Ad was posted in 2005. Wonder if it is still around? Couldn't find a web-site for it

All Am OffRoad

On Trailpass' site, I wonder if that Lockport trail is open. Found out about it late last year when it opened, and I recall it was down in 2-3 weeks

Old 03-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default buffalo NY

Hey georgioa mark, I live about 25 minutes north of syracuse and we have quite a bit of trails over here.. they stretch atleasty 100 miles, with a few good gravel/sand pits pits... While im in this discussion i was wondering if anyone knew of any sand dunes in new york to ride on. Im sure we wont have dunes like CA but i would drive anywhere in NY to hitu know of some even half way decent dunes... I know of some really sandy areeas but please lemme know if you know of any sand dunes or deserts in new york, thanks

Quick Reply: buffalo NY