Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Best Motels on Paiute Trail

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Motels on Paiute Trail

Several of us are headed to ride the Paiute Trail at the end of summer. We will be staying in a motel , probably in Richfield. Which are the best (clean,safe, decent breakfast) and which should we avoid.

Thanks

Craig

Old 02-26-2007, 08:00 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

I've only had one experience so far and that was at the Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort near (north of) Marysvale along Rt. 89. This resort has cabins, a motel, tent sites, an RV park, a gas station / convenience store and a restaurant. Plus you have easy access to trails 22 and 74 right from where you are staying. I liked it so much we are staying there again this year (in August)...

Old 03-03-2007, 04:11 AM
Pro Rider

2TV

That is one we did look at as it looks really nice. We will have a group meeting this next week to discuss where we would like to stay. The only negative is it is a bit of a drive from Richfield and the conveniences of groceries and restaurants.

Anyone else with suggestions?

Craig

Old 03-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

We stayed at Wenkelman's cabins, which is just a mile or 2 down from Big Rock
Candy mountain, and used those same trails. We are going back this August and staying there again.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

I know you will have a great time on this trip you are planning. There are so many trails to ride, it is hard to decide which ones to do first. Check out this link.. Rocky Mountain ATV Jamboree Information.
You may or may not be interested in the Jamboree itself, but it is full of great information about the Richfield area that you are looking for. I have never stayed at any of the motels at Richfield, I have only used the campgrounds. There are lots of good rides directly from Richfield. You can drive your atv's right from your motel. I have rode the trails there some, been to a couple of the Jamboree's and I like the rides that we trailered our atv's out of richfield and started riding from the trailheads at surrounding areas.

Anyway, good luck on your trip, and I hope some of this info helps you out..

Old 03-08-2007, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the responses. My wife and I rode the trail in 2004 and stayed in our camper at the KOA. So I am a little familiar with the town and the designated ATV roads within. We just have no experience with the motels in Richfield.

I am sure it is like any other town where some are good and some not so good. That is really all I am trying to determine so we can stay at a good one.

Craig