Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

chadwick missouri atv/motorcycle park

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chadwick missouri atv/motorcycle park

dustrunner660-Gas is a b!tch! Only $100 for me, but still. Would like to go to Taylorville and Suttons also. Heard you need a county permit and daily use at Suttons? Not sure, but lots of trails and county roads. Going to Chadwick on 31st this month. Take care and let me know when you head back down there.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

Suttons Bluff is not that great aplace to ride. You have to go to the courthouse in centerville to get a $10 permit to ride on the county roads in reynolds county; then go across the street to the gas station for a $5 daily riding pass. You can only ride on the marked trails ( 12 in all) A 10 year old kid could ride the trails there not much of a challenge maybe a 4 on a 1 to 10 scale. If you ride anywhere other than the marked trails you can get a $125 ticket from the ranger. Me and a buddy went last july 4 weekend. We rode every trail which was about 107 miles. There are only 23.5 miles of trails but it might be 6 or 7 miles from one trail to the next. I have not gone back. But to each his own.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

sevenmag-that must be what I heard, all the inbetween roads to trails. Doesn't sound to appealing if you risk a $125 ticket each time or have to load up. Thanks for info.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok guys I just got a Honda Rancher and am looking for a place with trails to ride. I am new to the Marshfield Missouri area and am looking for directions on how to get to Chadwick. Also I have read so far that I need the daily permit, safety flag, and rear reflector, is there anything else I'm going to need to ride there? Do you have to wear a helmet? Any help will be much appreciated. Thankyou.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

I have to disagree about Sutton Bluff. I do agree it's a pain in the butt to go get your permits but after that look out! It's one of the most senic places around to ride. It's mostly under tree cover and up and down the ridges all around the west fork of the black river. Some of the trails are easy but there are a few that will test your skill. Then theres the clean river to take a cooling off in. One place that I wouldn't bother with is Finger lakes near columbia. No real trails just criss crossing paths that take you no certian place, plus it's got that north missouri black mud that takes days to wash off. Try Suttons bluff for yourself and I bet you will like it better tha Chadwick.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.waynecojournalbanner.com/sutton%20bluff.html
">http://www.waynecojournalbanne...on%20bluff.html
</a>
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forest...on/sites/sutton_bluff/

Old 05-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: portenio78

Ok guys I just got a Honda Rancher and am looking for a place with trails to ride. I am new to the Marshfield Missouri area and am looking for directions on how to get to Chadwick. Also I have read so far that I need the daily permit, safety flag, and rear reflector, is there anything else I'm going to need to ride there? Do you have to wear a helmet? Any help will be much appreciated. Thankyou.</end quote></div>

Here you go....From Marshfield take I-44 to HY 65 south to HY14 exit at Ozark (2nd Exit) take 14 east through Sparta...take Hy 125 RIGHT as you leave town...You will pass through Oilfield then to Chadwick...Stop in town at Linda's Country Store to get you permit. $5 per day or $35 per year. they will have maps there..(I strongly suggest getting one & keeping it with you) After leaving store continue on HY 125 abot 1 mile...Turn RIGHT on HY H go approx 2 miles...You will pass Cobb Ridge campground (Dya use only) continue on about 3/4 mile more to another county road on RIGHT turn Right on itCamp Ridge is 1/4 mile down road on LEFT ...You do not need flags of County permits or rear reflectors at Chadwick...We ride there 6-8 times a year...We will be there Fathers Day weekend...Look for the NW Ark ATV Riding Club..

Hope this helps..

Old 05-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

Got this off their web site. It says for riding on Numbered forest service roads. I'm confused, because on their site it also says only riding on numbered or marked roads or trails.

7. Every ATV must be equipped with:
- an adequate muffler system and a US Forest Service
approved spark arrester.
- a good operating brake system.
- a slow moving equipment emblem mounted on the rear of
the ATV at least two feet above the roadway.
- a safety flag attached to the rear of the vehicle extending at least seven feet above the ground.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

No flags or slow triangles required @ chadwick. Only the daily permit and helmets under certain age. Was there about a month ago. Just make sure you get your daily permit ($6) and they will give you a map also. Lots of different trails and are marked pretty good.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Range Rover

Come join the NW Ark ATV Riding Club for our 4th Auunal Summer BAsh at Chadwick Fathers Day weekend...June 15-17....