Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

What Happened to Maybrook, NY?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Happened to Maybrook, NY?

in order to ride there you have to join http://www.nyatvonline.com or www.scatvassn.com NY ATV rides every weekend and SCATV does large events a few times a year. I know a ton of members on NYATV are from maybrook and that area in orange county - JT

Old 03-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer

I was at Yellow Freight again yesterday to pick up something I had shipped to me. I heard someone riding in Maybrook. He never got close enough for me to see but sounded like a high performance 450 four stroke probably with a stock pipe.

I was SO jealous.

I asked a guy that works there if he knew anything about it why they started to enforce the area. He tried to sound like he knew what he was talking about but he didn't come across that way so take this with a grain of salt.

He said that they are trying to enforce the area but people still ride (duh).
Also that it was part to do with the railroad. (is that thing active?). He said someting like, "if they decide to start using the railroad" (or something like that) and someone were to get hurt in there, the owners might be liable because they have never made any attempts to keep people out nor warn them of danger.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer

I stay out duing hunting season anyway. Hunters have WAY more representation than ATV'ers so I figure it's best not to **** them off. The less we bother them the less likely they are to complain to the authorities about us.

Who hassled you? Cops? Inside Maybrook or were they waiting by your car?

Originally posted by: gpcsux052
I think they enforced it around hunting season to give hunters a break. I got hassled around hunting season but now that the hunting season is over i have been riding there problem free. I love that place. check out my website there is a lot of Maybrook pics under places to ride www.cthroughmyeyes.com
if you go and you get hassled well that is a chance you take. believe me it is worht it. again i love that place.
what is the deal with the sullivan county place. how do you get there to ride and can you ride on weekends and where do you go to be able to ride.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Range Rover

I wish there was some way to ride there legally.

When I was there the last time (December), all the other trucks there were parked as far away from the entrance to the woods-lot as possible...they must have been hiding so that if a cop drove in he wouldn't see them.

And also, when I was there the last time, guys were playing paintball at the abondoned building (know what I'm talking about? The old window/door-less building right near Yellow Freight).

Old 04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Range Rover

So, anybody been there in the last couple weeks?

Old 04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

No, but I spoke with a DEC officer yesterday that said he hands out tickets there all day.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Range Rover

Huh. Well I guess I'm not riding there!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride there every weekend. I have been going there every since hunting season was over. Just make sure you are registered and insured. Stay out of DEC areas and you will be fine. Have fun. If you get a ticket it is only like $75.00 it is worth it. We can talk about it forever just go and have fun. it is an awsome place and i will continue to ride there as long as i can. We had a group of over 10 of us last saturday and loved it. Its your decision. Go Have some Fun

Old 04-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Range Rover

Where did you park?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

We always park in the dirt parking area right over the tracks. We are parked there all day so far no problems. As i said before Maybrook is too good of a place to just give up on. I love riding there and it is worth the ticket, if one day it all comes to an end, it will be a sad day.

Quick Reply: What Happened to Maybrook, NY?