Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

What Happened to Maybrook, NY?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Happened to Maybrook, NY?

^^ Good to know that somebody else parks in the woods lot. I too love Maybrook and would hate to see it be closed down.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

BEACON, NY - A Beacon citizens group will meet next week to discuss the use of all-terrain vehicles on state-owned land.

The meeting of the Concerned Citizens Coalition of Beacon will be held April 11 at 6:30 p.m. at city hall on Municipal Plaza.

The public is invited.

PUBLIC IS INVITED
Everyone who rides an atv or a dirtbike should come to this tomorrow night to help support those of us who ride. We have to show them that it is not all about destruction of property it is about fun. PLEASE JOIN ALL OF US.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

I'm there, thanks for the heads up.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think someone bought the land and there going to build houses

Old 04-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

yes that is what i have heard as well. This is why they are cracking down. Soon there will be equipment in there doing ecavation. Ride it while we can! - JT

Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

This might be true, I will ride there as long as i can. I love this place. Soon there will be nothing about Maybrook to talk about. Just go there make sure your registered and insured and have fun. Ride at own risk

Old 04-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Range Rover

i agree even up here in sullivan county it seems every good spot is becoming endangered. A great trail we had just was approved for 500 homes in the fall, They have a huge road in there now already. Ill ride it till there is houses thats all - JT

Old 04-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

I guess someone forgot to tell the developers of Maybrook that the housing boom in Orange is over. There are more people moving out of Orange than moving in.

Originally posted by: iamthebugerking
I think someone bought the land and there going to build houses

Old 04-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Range Rover

I rode there yesterday all day and didn't get bothered. We were the first people to pull in. It started out eerily calm/quiet and then by 3 PM it was packed...the most crowded I've ever seen it. Great day of riding!

Old 04-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well thats cool, keep in mind the more people that go there the quicker it will be shut down again. I went to the other place i ride in Jersey city off the 1 and 9 yesturday and it was packed also till about 3:00 when the police came and kicked everbody out because someone vandalized the industrial plant on property and the owner said no more so that place is gone. All it takes is one jerk to ruin it all for everybody. Our areas to ride in this area are being taken away and if we so wise up to takie care of the places we ride and respect it we will soon be selling our machines or using them as lawn ornaments. NOTE TO EVERYONE WISE UP AND RESPECT THE PLACES YOU RIDE. IF YOU BRIN G IN GARBAGE TAKE IT OUT WITH YOU< DO NOT DAMAGE ANY STRUCTURES ON PROPERTY. TAKE ACTION AGAINST THOSE WHO DO...

Quick Reply: What Happened to Maybrook, NY?