Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Tower City Camping

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower City Camping

We're going up to join Tower City this week and I have a couple questions about camping there. I'm told that you can primitive camp in the day parking lots. I use a truck bed tent, so if this is the case it would be an easy way to spend the night and get in a second day of riding on the weekend.

We are also going to ask about leasing a camp site and having a structure placed on it. Do any of you have experience with this? Or do any of you lease a campsite space and just use a tent? I know I'll get these questions answered on Saturday morning, but I would appreciate hearing from others who have done this sort of thing before shelling out the money.

Most of our rides will be going up on Saturday morning and coming home on Sunday afternoon. Aside from Tower City does anyone recommend another area that has camping as well as riding? We've done the Cove in Gore, Va and are waiting for a weeks vacation to do Hatfield-McCoy.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:32 AM
Trailblazer

I was just at Tower city on thursday. You can camp and ride at Green ridge State park in MD or at Michaux State Forrest near Chambersburg PA. Tower city is not all that great for riding. I didnt think it was worth $40 a day. The trails were not marked at all and alot of them were dead ends or led to private land we were not suppose to be on. It was not very well organized at all. Michaux state Forrest is EXCELLENT riding and plenty of parking/Camping. If you want anymore info just ask. Heck i might even meet you up there with some buddies to go riding.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Pro Rider

I was a member there for a couple of years, maybe they are slacking now but I found the trails marked ok after a few times there.Good luck on getting a permenant camp site. They are hard to get. I think it's in the April membership renewal time they have a camp site give away. 1st come 1st serve, the ones that did'nt renew they reassign the camp site. I hear you should scope it out and look for one thats empty and put your request in.
Goodluck

Old 03-27-2007, 03:48 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. We're going this Saturday the 31st, but then I want to get out to Michaux but i have to get the details on getting a sticker since I live in Md.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Trailblazer

Well you need to get a tag to ride on state land in PA. You just need the title or certificate of origin and proof of insurance. I got ins. on mine for like $140 a year, and thats full coverage.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: slimjonesy
Well you need to get a tag to ride on state land in PA. You just need the title or certificate of origin and proof of insurance. I got ins. on mine for like $140 a year, and thats full coverage.
I got my insurance online thru Progressive, real cheap for full coverage also

Old 03-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

Sweet, now all you need is the title or certificate of origin and $20 for a tag and thats good for 2 years and your good to go!

Old 03-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Range Rover

You better send it in soon.Just got mine back and it takes almost 2 months.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer

I've got certificate and insurance. Can I get the tag at the park or does it have to be done by mail? Micahaux sounds great.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer

No, you can do it at any dealer in PA. When yu come up 81 North, you will get off on exit 16 and turn right towards Fayettesville. Go about 2 miles and on your left is M&S cycle/atv Its on your way to Michaux. They will do it there. Make sure you have something that shows you paid taxes on your ATV when you bought it. If you need more info just let me know. I think we are going there on Friday.

Quick Reply: Tower City Camping