Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to Ride in TN

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2000, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the best places to ride in Tennessee, specifically Middle East Tennessee. Mostly trails.
Thanks

Old 12-25-2000, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Aetna mountain is incredible. It's more in the SouthEast TN area though. There should be great riding places thoughout TN (including the Crossville area). Aetna mountain is near Jasper (around Nickajack lake) off of I-24.

You name it and it is there (big mud holes, trails, steep hills, etc.). But don't be telling everybody about this place! We have enough people riding there already.

Old 12-26-2000, 09:34 AM
Range Rover

Check with the local ranger and see if any of the trails in Pickett State Forest are still open.

You can also ride at Catoosa Wildlife Management Area. Not really great trails, but better than none.

You can also do smoe VERY limited riding at Big South Fork.

I'll let you know if I can think of anything else,

Old 12-28-2000, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alpine Tn. between livingston and jamestown is a good area but beware of the posted areas dureing hunting season and dont get lost...it is a vast area

Old 12-29-2000, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys I hadn't thought about Catoosa. And I'm going to try Aetna Mountain and Alpine Mt. too. Most of the time I ride up and around Hinch and Black Mountain, if anyone knows where that is, there is some good riding there. Cya

Old 12-30-2000, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

if you dont want alot of people to come and ride there,why did you post it on the net? duhhh.

Old 12-31-2000, 01:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Chop:

I was just kidding. Hundreds of people ride at Aetna and it's a blast. Seems more people = more fun.

Calcutta250:

If you need directions or want to go with a group, let me know. You can go to www.midsouthpowersports.com to find a map to the general area (Jasper) and post on the forum section to get more detailed info about riding on the mountain. Of course this time of year is bad (Hunters might mistake you for a whitetail with wheels).

Old 01-03-2001, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

If you want some good riding try Tellico plains area. Head toward the bald river falls and go to the North Carolina/Tennesse ORV park.You will need a weekend to get your fill.The difficulty levels range from mild to wild ...it is worth the trip. Another good place to ride is in Royal blue off of interstate 75 north toward big south fork its well marked.I hear Sharp's Chapel near Norris lake has a killer place to ride, Im looking forward to taking the trip soon.
01AC400 4x
Jeff
Knox.,TN

Old 01-03-2001, 11:37 AM
Range Rover

I've heard that Royal Blue is going to a permit system this year. The permit will be the equivalent of a small game permit and will be quite expensive for out of state riders. I haven't confirmed this, but you may want to check before riding.

Old 01-03-2001, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Kevin,
Thanks for the info, and yes I have heard the same thing. I have also heard that it is going to be about $22.00.As far as the out of towners paying a higher fee, that is prob. true, but on most out of state ORV parks it is the same deal to where out of towners do pay a higher price.
I personally do not mind the fees if it will keep our riding area's open and maintained to a certain degree.
Thanks for the info.
Happy and safe riding to you.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Where to Ride in TN