Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

PA Riding???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2000, 01:08 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Oak Ridge, PA about 25 miles South of Clarion and I wanted to know of any good riding places close to here? I love goin ridin on the weekeneds even though the friends don't go to much anymore. If anyone knows of someplace please let me know and I have never went to Marenville but have been thinkin about it. Whats it like to ride there and how nice are the trails???

2000 400EX Yoshi slip on, K&N filter, jet, and shockwears

Old 12-27-2000, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Ever heard of tower city?,checkout www.towercitytrailriders.com.
Also a MX park www.rauschcreekracing.com
If I can help with any questions let me know.

Old 12-29-2000, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

that place is a blast in the winter time. the trails should be well groomed from other riders. there's only one hillclimb that is tricky and usually iced over but there is a chicken route. you'll love it if you go, don't hesitate, just go! If by yourself, there's tons of friendly riders that you can join up with and they'll show you the ropes. park at the main trailhead...aproximately 11 miles north of town (sheetz) pics are below

Old 12-31-2000, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer

I go riding in New jersey at the New Jersey Off Road Vehicle Park.

I don't know where your town is though?i live right outside philly

Old 01-02-2001, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hillsville, Pa. Between Youngstown and New Castle on RT-224 . Is a HUGE old strip mine with dunes, tracks, jumps, water and hill climbs from beginner to FREAKIN NUTS!! I busted my arm there 9 weeks ago on a climb but I’d do it all over again. It’s a blast of a place. I went by myself and just hooked up with a couple of other riders. You can easily get lost there so, make friends with someone if you go by yourself. Here is a sight I found >>>

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/H...illsville.html

Enjoy!!!

Old 01-03-2001, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Portage between Altoona and Johnstown. Everything except sand....!

Old 01-04-2001, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

there is a place about 7 miles from clarion on 322..located just behind the village of corsica..its an old strip job..known by the locals as miles or the arena..its a big pit about 250 ft to the bottom..there are steep & little hills both..also some places to catch a little air..friends of mine have talked to the owner & its ok to ride there..i would recomend this spot in the spring..a little to steep for snow & ice conitions.

Old 01-05-2001, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Nice site!! I ride there once in a while....

Hey, where are all the pics of the abandoncars and cars in the waters??? LOL

Old 01-06-2001, 02:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nice to see so many people ridin' in PA! I moved back here from Alaska 2 years ago (military) and I'll never leave again. Alaska was beautiful, but nothing beats home. We're about 2 1/2-3 hours away from where most of you guys are at, but Potter County has some very nice riding in the spring, unfortunately not much in the winter though. Snowmobilers rule this part of the season up here Anyway, if you're ever looking for something different, make the trip, it's worth it.

Old 01-09-2001, 12:03 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for all the info. I'm going to have to try some of these places out, espically the strip job in Corsica, thats only about 15 miles from me!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: PA Riding???