Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Who do i talk too to get some riding space..in MO

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes. I live SOutheast Missouri and there is absolutly no LEGAL riding space. We are always running from the Corps of Engineers and Game Wardens. I live in Wappapello State Park with has thousands of miles of trials and live right beside the Ozark Pipe Lines. According to the Police and Corps we can't ride down any of these because we damage the nature and destruction of property. The trails we have are Horse trails and the horse riders say they like it when we ride down the trails because it soften and levels them out. So they don't care.. But stil the Corps won't let us ride down them. But they have Honda Ranchers and ride up and down them. They also have but trucks they drive down them. THe trucks leave huge ruts. Fourwheelers don't. so if we are damaging the land so bad than why do they ride down them???? Does anybody know who i should talk to about this. THe governer?? the state legislature. There are lots and lots of riders around here that ride on the trail un legally. So i belive we should have a place we can ride in piece. SO who do i talk to to get my voice heard...thanks...any help is needed..thanks

Old 12-31-2000, 07:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you ever heard of Mark Twain Nat'l Forest? They have over a hundered miles of what I have heard a VERY nice trails.
here is the link to trail from the front page.
https://atvconnection.com/Resources/Trails

Also say out of the Park that gives us a bad name. You will NEVER get riding areas in State or Nat'l Parks, only state and Nat'l Forests. Park are for people Forests are for everything else.

Wayne B

Old 01-01-2001, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Right near you, you have one of the best riding area's in the US. St. Joe state park at Farmington, Mo. Some people don't like it, but it has just about every type of riding that you would want. You can also ride in some parts of the National Forest near you, but you need to find out which areas are legal and open. Remember, if and area is closed don't ride there. The image that you create by riding in a closed-off area one time can't be turned around by 10 or more clean-up or work days. When you write your letters and also put in there that the $10 registion sticker money should go for ORV use not into the general fund of the state.