Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Nags Head North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nags Head North Carolina

Any places to ride atv's within an hour of Nags Head North Carolina I see some like Busco Beach and other Mountain areas, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Busco Beach is Great. I went there with some friends in March. It was very muddy that time of the year. Had a great time. Some good swampy trails and
some sandy areas to ride on also. Give it a try, I think you will like it.
Do you ride any on the Outer Banks?

Old 08-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

Well. I'd like to try Busco beach, but haven't checked to see how far it is from OBX, which is where I'll be for 4 days and just want somewhere to ride and do something different besides listening to the "old hens cackle" and watching your lures wash ashore at OBX. I'm trying to see if there is a place to ride at OBX or close where I can take my 11yr old. I see that a lot of the rental places switched to jeeps from atv's. The park service says you can take the ferry to one of the barrier islands and "four wheel " all day, but with enviromentalists these days, is that with a truck/jeep or is an atv included? Don't mind "treading lightly" or going 15mph if its somewhere different that not many get to go to. Hell don't mind paying for something different, all we have here is MUD and dead fallen down trees. If you know of a contact or can think of anything let me know, I'd appreciate it, thanks

Old 08-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://atvfan.com/atv_reviews/viewdetails.php?id=2048
">http://atvfan.com/atv_reviews/...ils.php?id=2048
</a>
See if this helps with directions. I think you will love it if you go. It is very crowded on the weekends but there is usually enough room.
It would be a good idea to have a winch. As well as myself getting stuck 3 or 4 times I saw all kinds of 4wd atvs getting stuck in the mud. Watch out for the deep mudholes they can get ya quick.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Trailcrasher, was kinda looking for something closer to Nags Head, and found it, you can ride on one of the barrier islnds that the park service runs, have to take a ferry to it, Cape Lookout, talked to the Ranger yesterday, good to go.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

http://www.nps.gov/archive/calo/orv.htm

I went to this website to read the rules. Was going there early this year around
March but a cold front came through that weekend and really got cold so we called it off. A friend of mine is going on Labor Day weekend but I got to go to the beach with the Wife and little girl. When you go have a good trip and take your fishing pole. You can also rent cabins out there also. http://www.portsmouthislandfishing.com/morrismarina.php

Old 08-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Let me know how it is when you go. It will be a nice drive for me when I go but
I plan on staying a few days. Coming from Asheboro so it is about 4 hours for
me.

Thanks TrailCrasher