Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

OK-TX RED RIVER

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK-TX RED RIVER

RED RIVER, BORDER BETWEEN OKLAHOMA & TEXAS - WHERE DO YOU HAVE RIVERBED ACCES WITH PERMITTED PARKING FOR TRUCK & TRAILER?

Old 08-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default OK-TX RED RIVER

do you want to know if you can park your truck and trailer on the river bank or access with atv? i've been to red river atv park once and i'm taking the family up there this weekend. we liked it alot!!! wher are you from?

Old 08-31-2007, 08:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default OK-TX RED RIVER

BOTH - WHERE TO LEAVE THE TRUCK W/TRAILER (PREFERABLY WHERE IT'S PERMITTED BY LANDOWNER OR LEGAL STATE OFF HIGHWAY) WITH NEARBY ACCESS TO RIVERBED.

WE'RE IN LAWTON-FT SILL, SW OK.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default OK-TX RED RIVER

i'm not sure where that is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] but i'll tell you this you do have access to the river. whan i went there was plenty of room to park and it seemed laid back. it got a little busy later in the day but we still had a great time. i rode a little not as much as i would have liked to which is why we are going back![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] the only thing i would say is that if the water level is up it might not be that fun. i would call, when i was there last time i had to ask the owner a few ?? and he seemed really cool so i'm sure he wouldn't have any problems helping you out with info. hey maybe i'll see you out there this weekend!!! let me know and we can hook up! i'll be there sat and we are leaving on mon.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

DCMAC214, did you ever find a good place to access the river and ride? We are also in Lawton and haven't been down to ride the river but would love to! Please let me know. Thanks!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Been a while since I've been, but Red River ATV is one place. Small (400 acres) and another is Red River Motorcycle Trails. Much larger (2700 acres), but call to see if they're open or having an event.

Welcome to the forums MommyofMadness.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the links Scooter! I hadn't seen that second park you posted. We hope to take the family and hit the Red River park soon.

I am actually looking for access off of I44. I have seen tracks so I know somebody is riding down there, just not sure if it's private property access or not.

Thanks again!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mommyofmadness did you find any info? I just moved here a few months ago and have wondered the exact same thing about Red River.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

711Streetfighter, No.

But Friday we went up to the City of Lawton's riding area up by lake Elsworth. Its not bad riding, very rough in spots though. We were there in the morning and it was pretty empty so we had free reign. If you aren't aware of it you can find info on the city police website. It's $25 per ATV permit for the year.

Then we met up with some guys and went down to Faxon and rode. If you take the exit off 44 where the track is, go straight until you get to the Cache Creek bridge you can pull of the road to the left and go down and ride. It was a great time! It was soft sand and the ATVs loved it! Our buddies on Enduros didn't fair as well and kept getting stuck. I want to take the dirt bike down there and try it out too.

If I ever get an answer about the red river I will let you know! If you find anywhere good please share the info

Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the only thing i found on the Texas side is the TPWD website that talks about the Estelline area of the red river. the TPWD should be able to answer all of your questions. all i could find on oklahoma side is this:
scroll down about halfway to the hyperlinks in the paragraphs.

State of Oklahoma Web Site

sorry i couldn't find anything specific about that section of the Red River.........if you email or call Austin, Tx, they should be able to answer all of your questions..

TPWD: Contact Us - Off Highway Vehicle Program

Quick Reply: OK-TX RED RIVER