Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Time to wake up boys Summers over

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to wake up boys Summers over

Ok people time to awaken from summer, schools started, kids getting back into the swing of things, Cub Scouts drivin me nuts, and the weather is wonderfull...So I just have to ride.Headin out to stoddard wells sunday and plan to ride with my son until his tail starts to drag.......Blue Chevy 2500hd 4x4 with Longhorns in the rear window, and red in the bed..........my thumbs itchy....gotta scratch it...

Old 10-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stoddard Wells???? You in Wyoming or So. Calif.????

In some places, "summer's over" means it will be snowing soon and the riding season is ending. Here in So. Calif., it means the desert riding season is just starting!!!

If you are in So. Calif., we went to Rasor yesterday and had prefect weather. Untracked dunes mostly to ourselves......

Old 10-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

Ditto, my son and I went out to Stoddard wells, very nice day, about 69, with a light breeze, a wonderfull day to ride.....What a way to break in the bikes after the summer......I scratched my itch, I'm good for a week or two....

Old 10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

Stoddard Wells???? You in Wyoming or So. Calif.????

In some places, "summer's over" means it will be snowing soon and the riding season is ending. Here in So. Calif., it means the desert riding season is just starting!!!

If you are in So. Calif., we went to Rasor yesterday and had prefect weather. Untracked dunes mostly to ourselves......</end quote></div>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>summer's over" means it will be snowing soon and the riding season is ending. </end quote></div>

Really?

Name:  Nicelygroomedsledtrail.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  29.3 KB

Name:  Firstridein6weeksJan2001.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  30.9 KB

Name:  Icetesting.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  17.3 KB

Old 10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Red Rider

I ride snow in the mountains, and it is one of my favorite things! (Believe it or not, we can get 50-100' in a wet year in the Sierra!) But, if you read around, sounds like most folks park their quads for the winter. I'd be riding a sled, but can't justify the cost for limited riding.....

Old 10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I have a sled to ,but our winter are not like they use to be for snow depth and cold any longer (Thank You Global warming) so you really see a mix of sleds with ATVs now. Some times out ice fishing there are more ATVs than Sleds in some areas. If the snow conditions allow both sleds or ATV we usually take the ATV because they are quieter and smoother on the wavy ungroomed trails then the sleds and use half the gas.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer

I'm in So Cal.....it only snows up north, which is ok, it is a blast to ride in...Looks like fun...We just have sun and fun....Some wind from time to time..........I don't know if we really have a winter here....is 59 degrees cold...LOL....

Old 10-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Red Rider

Wyoming---Where you been??? It snows plenty in the San Bernardino Mtns...great fun! And, the Los Padres got dusted this weekend, and the Mammoth area got quite a bit.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer

Really, it snowed on SB, did it stick, it was at least 80 on sat and 88 on sunday, and its flipin hot again today...This is not October weather......I have a buddy up in mamoth, if you stop at a shell station, its his, from little lake to Carson city......But he didn't say anything about snow, unless it was at the 12,000 ft elevation. I didn't hear about any snow anywhere....Hmmmm I must be a mushroom.....

Old 10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer

Really, it snowed on SB, did it stick, it was at least 80 on sat and 88 on sunday, and its flipin hot again today...This is not October weather......I have a buddy up in mamoth, if you stop at a shell station, its his, from little lake to Carson city......But he didn't say anything about snow, unless it was at the 12,000 ft elevation. I didn't hear about any snow anywhere....Hmmmm I must be a mushroom.....

Quick Reply: Time to wake up boys Summers over