Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride in Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride in Colorado

My wife and I are planning trip there this june or july and are looking for the best places to ride. We have a toy hauler with 2 grizzlies and a rhino, but are not against flying out and renting quads if we can find them. We did that a couple years ago in Utah and it was a lot cheaper than pulling the rig that far.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

What type of riding are you looking for? June might be to early for some of the higher elevations, but later July should be ok for pretty much everywhere. I would suggest the rockymountainrockhoppers section on atvquadsquad dot com for some more locals to help you out.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

DR DIRT,
IF YOUR TOY HAULER IS A TT OR 5er I'D LIKE TO GET A SEQUENCE OF PICs SHOWING HOW YOU LOAD & TIE DOWN (ESPECIALLY TIE DOWN - NO WAY IN H I'D EVER THINK ABOUT HAULING WITYHOUT TYING DOWN). I'M GOING TO GET A 5er TOY HAULER IN A FEW MONTHS AND NEED TO SEE HOW IT'S DONE. HAVE HAD SALESMEN TELL ME BUT (1) I'M NOT CONVINCED THEY'VE DONE IT THEMSELVES AND (2) I JUST CAN'T VISUALIZE IT ANYWAY. WE'VE GOT A MATCHED PAIR OF HONDA FOREMEN THAT MEASURE 47" WIDE, WOULD BARELY FIT SIDE-BY-SIDE IN A 8' WIDE GARAGE. redbud@onlineok.com
RIDE HAPPY - RIDE SAFE
DC

Old 01-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dr dirt,
Tons of areas to ride in CO, w/high elevations too. Be sure to rejet the quads/rhino. Later July is Best & with the snows that Colorado is still getting, I would rule out any time in June or early July for '08.
You have the Flat Top areas in Glenwoodsprings which is a little over 10,000ft in riding elevations, easy riding here.
Then you have the High Rockymountains with either Taylor Park Reservior & the Lake City/Silverton/Ouray areas,- LC/Silverton/Ouray will see 13,000 ft in elevations. Lake City did offer ATV rentals as of Last summer.
Lots of planning needs to be done to ride these areas & packing extra gas is a must, along w/rain gear.
Check out my PICs on my webshot page on Colorado.
Bruce

Old 02-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

is there anywhere close to colorado springs cool to ride. i found one place, but it was about 100 miles away. and i really didnt want to have to become a member of some park to ride. i just wanna pull up, drop my 4wheelers, and ride.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

Taylor Park is the Name of the Reservoir, so its just a "Name" not a park where you pay to ride.
Taylor Park Reservoir has allot to offer, it is NE of Gunnison & West of Colo Springs. tons of Trails/Jeep roads & high elevations too.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Good deal. last thing. i bought my 07 Hawkeye about 3 months ago and the dude said i didnt need it rejetted. he showed me a few plugs on top of the breather that i could just remove and it should be fine. do ya think thats true? the bike came from missouri

Old 02-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Nope, power will really be down, it is Best to Rejet..

Old 02-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

If you are in colorado springs you can ride the 717 trails witch are just north of divide colorado about an hour out of town. There are places to park a toy hauler t and you wont have to worry about the weather in june or july as it is not that high in elevation.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

what does it cost to rejet? i have no clue even what rejetting is.

Quick Reply: Where to ride in Colorado