Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride in Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride in Colorado

There are some really great places to ride here(I live east of Co Springs) & go to the Taylor Park area at least once a year. If you plan to ride the passes this year, it might be late July or Aug. before the snow clears. We've had ALOT of snow up there this year & in a normal year it's usually mid July before some of the passes clear. You can stay on the Salida side of the mountain, rent ATV's(they deliver to trails) & ride over to Taylor if you choose; great area, lots of old mines, ghost towns, etc. Silverton area has great trails BUT i found that I had to load at the end of each trail & tralier to the next r/t the local law enforcement wouldn't allow ATV's on the county roads. It's not that way in the Taylor Park/Pitkin/St Elmo areas. Hope you have a great trip!! Colorao is a great place to ride!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

How about the Pike National Forest, just 45 minutes out of the Springs? I like to go there when I have just a few hours. It's close & I think great way to send an afternoon. I ride just north of Divide but there's also areas north of Woodland Park(they all connect).

Old 02-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Range Rover

The only place i know where to ride is my 120 acres of land that I inherited. Never been there before but it's the paradox valley area in western CO not that far from Moab.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

You don't need to rejet your quad if you are only going on a trip to the high country. I used to live in Colorado and rode my Rancher at 10,000 feet often. After a couple years I put the high altitude jet on the carb and really couldn't tell much of a difference. Of course, that was a Rancher with a 329cc motor.

The higher you go in altitude, the less oxygen there is in the air so the machines run richer. By changing the jet on the carb reduces the amount of fuel the caburater is getting, therefore, running leaner. So when you take your quad back to sea level, you'll burn it up because it's running too lean.