Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride in SC ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2001, 10:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to get a list of places to ride
in SC.Been going to TNT in chester,
need to to go soonwhere different.
If anybody has some let me know.
Thanks
"00 sportsman 500"

Old 01-09-2001, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

There are four national forrest areas to ride in SC and manchester state forrest. There are places in NC to ride that are as close to you as most of the SC places. Most of the national forrest areas close during Jan-March. Check out the trails section here in the connection, all these places are listed there.

Old 01-09-2001, 11:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey mojaveaddict, have you ever been to Whitmire SC at Enoree trail? I would like to get info on how the trails are there, difficulty level, terrain, ect. It shouldnt be but about a 45 min drive from here. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ride on.......

a~night~rider

Old 01-10-2001, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, I ride at whitmire 4 or 5 times a year. Its one fun place to ride. Not very difficult, some really fast spots and a good number of whoops on a couple of trails. Some tight stuff and some mud holes. No real hill climbs though. Plenty of good parking. Some notes: DO NOT ride on the road except at the marked trail crossings, DO NOT get off the trail, DO NOT play in mud holes near parking lot or anywhere not on the marked trails. 250 bucks fine for these and they will give you one! this place is officially called the Enoree OHV area and is closed right now. It closes from jan 1 to the end of march. First weekend in April when it reopens is usually a little crowded but most times I have been there I have had the place to myself. some of the fast trails are two way, so look out, they scare me because you cant see over the whoops.

this place is fun and may just be my favorite place to ride. takes a little longer to get to than TNT though, about 2 hours I think. Has been free in the past but rumor has it that they may go to a 3 dollar per day fee this year. We get a group up to go sometimes, let me know if you might want to go with us. we will go in april after it reopens. hope this helps

Old 01-10-2001, 03:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks so much mojoveaddict that info is very helpful. We will definately be going there whenit reopens! Does it really take 2 hours to get there from RH though, it doesnt seem like it should take that long. Have you been to TNT? I have never been there, it just seems like $10 dollars per day per quad is pretty high-priced. Do they have a lot of miles of trail??
Yeah it would be cool to go with a group, usually is it just my boyfriend and I and maybe a couple of friends. We went to Wayehutta last month right before it closed and it was totally awesome!! We had the whole place to ourselves and there was snow on most of the trails, which make it even more fun!
Well thanks for the info....

Ride on.....

a~night~rider

Old 01-10-2001, 10:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would say the trails at tnt are about 4 or 5
miles long.But it has some difficult places
on the trails that makes for a good ride.
When you go to tnt you need to where the trails are.
'00 sportsman 500'

Old 01-11-2001, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

NightRider, If you liked Wayehutta you will like Enoree. There are no rocks or hills at Enoree like at Wayehutta but the trails are still good. Enoree is less challenging but especially fun on a sport quad. I like both places much better than Brown mountain. TNT is ok, not enough miles of trails ther yet, I usually spend my time on the MX tracks when I go there. they have a small track designed for utility quads that can be fun too.

Old 01-11-2001, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks mohave. I hear brown mtn is pretty rough, so I have been reluctant to go there. I dont like a lot of rocks and ruts, I dont mind hills as long as they are not too steep. I can have much fun without putting my life on the line!!

Ride on.....

a~night~rider

Old 01-12-2001, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

SouthernRedneck,Have you ever rode in Antioch SC,if not you must go,it is awsome,it is in Blacksburg SC,check it out at www.ultimateatv.50megs.com,

Old 01-13-2001, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey ccmano57

Quick Reply: Where to ride in SC ?