Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riders in Eastern, WV

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riders in Eastern, WV

We are from MD, but do most of our riding in Rowlesburg, WV. We know of numerous trails, but are alway's lookin for more. I have seen ATV poker run's poster before but can't find any help. Thank's Hoov

Old 01-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

How about riding area's or anyone near Terra Alta, even Morgantown who know's that area. Thank's Hoov

Old 01-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said in my 1st post, we are lucky enough to have a place to ride, but we alway's like the challenge of a new place to go and appreciate the area's we ride on.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

How bout, anyone in West by God, WV who could reply? Fairmount area, I know your out there. Thank's

Old 01-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Trailblazer

I'm in West Virginia, but I'm in the extreme southern part of the state.....in McDowell County. It's ATV heaven here where I live with hundreds of miles of roads and trails to ride. I'm thinkin' about gettin' a GPS to keep from gettin' lost there are so many forks and trails back in the hollers.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:04 AM
HO
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who owns or controls all those old strip mining and pulp wood trails going up from all the hollers in your part of the state? I remember we used to hike up the mountains on those back when I was a teenager in the '60s and they went forever. Every little holler would have a couple roads that were pretty rough going up the mountain from them. I was in really good shape back then and they were brutal. That was near Gary and Anawalt if you are familiar with that area.

Ed

Old 01-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Thank's for the replie's. It's good to see there are people out there. I would love to move to your great state. Maryland Suck's! Ive got 1 more to get out of high school and I think I can talk the wife into going. Ride safe

Trending Topics

Old 01-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HO

Who owns or controls all those old strip mining and pulp wood trails going up from all the hollers in your part of the state? I remember we used to hike up the mountains on those back when I was a teenager in the '60s and they went forever. Every little holler would have a couple roads that were pretty rough going up the mountain from them. I was in really good shape back then and they were brutal. That was near Gary and Anawalt if you are familiar with that area.

Ed</end quote></div>

I don't really know who owns or controls them. We ride them at will, though. Some are wide enough for say a pickup truck. Then, you will see trails fork off of these wider roads. The trails have many forks going every which ways. Almost every holler is like this. I can think of 8 or 9 hollers like this between my house and 6 miles down the highway. I am familiar with Gary and Anawalt. I live within 6 miles of Gary, but I have not riden up any of the hollers in that area. Most all of these trails go back through the mountains and wander from one highway and across the mountains to another highway. The gas companies have made even more roads back to their gas wells they have drilled. Some of those dead end at the well. I am amazed at the network of trails back in these mountains. If more people knew about them I am sure folk would flock here from afar. I wish I knew more about them myself.....like who owns what and has control.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer

Thought I'd post a small example of what I'm saying. Below is a map image. The bolder yellow roads are the main paved county roads. The smaller lines are just a few of these trails I am talkin about. Even this map is not accurate as it shows some of the trails dead ending when in truth they don't. Also, they are not all shown. This map is just one small isolated part of the county where I live. It's like this all over.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rowlesburg, WV

Outback31,
I know this is an old thread, but I have a camp a few miles south of Rowlesburg, WV and am struggling to find riding. Do you still ride in the area and have any recommendations for trails? Getting tired of riding around dusty dirt roads... Thanks!