Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evening PSAR.

Tore into the z tonight to find out whats going on with the cooling system. Water pump looks good and sign of any corrosion. The radiator on the other hand was block solid with mud! Know wonder the fan was running all the time in the dunes and the coolant spewing! This dam Tahuya mud sure has played havoc on my machine. While I'm in there I plan on checking the valves and hope to solve the new engine noise I here. Any one checked valves on a Z before? Any tricks? Jayna, I know you mentioned something about shims?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

You know, I could always smell coolant coming from your Z evey time we rode together. Whether it was at the dunes or at the trails.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by S250
Evening PSAR.

Tore into the z tonight to find out whats going on with the cooling system. Water pump looks good and sign of any corrosion. The radiator on the other hand was block solid with mud! Know wonder the fan was running all the time in the dunes and the coolant spewing! This dam Tahuya mud sure has played havoc on my machine. While I'm in there I plan on checking the valves and hope to solve the new engine noise I here. Any one checked valves on a Z before? Any tricks? Jayna, I know you mentioned something about shims?
They are easier than I thought they'd be...Other than needing to pull the plastics and fuel tank. Oh and the whole doing math thing...
You will need small measurement(I think .002 or metric?) blade style gap measurement tool and a small magnet like a pickup tool to pull the bucket and shim out.
I'll look up the specs in my shop manual and shoot them to you. Take the measurement, do the math, replace what's in there with whatever new size needs to be to increase or decrease the gap to bring it into specs. Exhaust and intake are sometimes different, sometimes not.

I should have given you the shim kit when I dropped your gear off. I'll mail them to you tomorrow.
Easier to have the whole kit of shims on hand and organized than it is to try to measure, calculate and order a couple sizes from the local shop at $5+ and wait.

Not uncommon about the radiator and the mud. I found the same thing when I tore my Z apart for the motor build...It's a hard area to get to in order to keep it clean. Now that you know, you know.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good mornin everyone

Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kym
Bad news, A girl I work with lives in Darrington and said they were shutting down some camp grounds there. Darringer is on the list.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Mornin' PSAR

Old 06-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by Dazeys
Kym
Bad news, A girl I work with lives in Darrington and said they were shutting down some camp grounds there. Darringer is on the list.
That sucks!
One more recreation area gone!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Morning PSAR!

As I have mentioned before some of my relatives have lots up at nature trails at Reiter. My sister in law was pretty mad at the DNR this past weekend. They shut down alot of trails, put barriers across trails and gates and built a WIDE gravel road. Over memorial weekend the DNR was up at the nature trails holding a meeting and she said that they didn't say NOTHING about the trails and this new gravel road. Alot of people are very upset up there. I hate to see Darrington go too, if that's the case!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Originally Posted by Dazeys
Kym
WHAT that sucks I'll have to do some investigating, I knew it was coming as people are SO IGNORANT :mad; over Memorial weekend I had to yell at a few people to STOP riding thru the camps & slow down it's 5 mph NOT 45 mph This bums me out bad it's the only place I really like to camp now we'll have to pay to camp BLAHHHHH might as well sell the RV!!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Morning PSAR

Well I got to hang w/ DJ some yesterday went over to his place & set him up w/ a microwave, toaster oven & some other little things, so now he's got a little kitchen when he wants a late night snack & doesn't want to go upstairs. His roommate is funny he keeps the kid BUSY which is good!!

Trev is leaving today to go up North & spend awhile w/ his Pink grammy crud guess I'll be all by myself, hmmmm oh well I'm sure I'll find something to do

Well have a good day

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread