Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LdyJay
I wonder if they finally closed the airport and Bud gave up...
If so, another area down. Bummer.
Was the access road to the top of Bill's Hill and up the mountain still destroyed?
All the riding is still the same as it was. There was one dirt bike at Silver Ridge, but that was it. I am going to call them and see if the airport has been closed off or not.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

good late morning PSAR!

got a free gallon of paint off of Craigslist to paint my freebie trailer of on CL. Turning out to be a great investment of $3.99 for a 4" paintbrush

Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Talking

Originally Posted by HappaRap
Is it right on the lake?
yup but it has no well, septic, or power

Old 06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

good late mornin everyone

Old 06-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Angie, if you need to use a lot of Roundup get the concentrate, not the premixed in the 1 gallon bottle. If you have blackberries or other kinds of hardwood weeds Roundup will not kill them, you need to get some Crossbow.
Gotta argue with you on this one, Rod. Depending on which Roundup you use it works great on blackberries and other woody plants. They make stuff that is designed for grasses and legumes as well as ones for the woody plants. You have to get the concentrate that is designed for poison ivy and other brush for it to work properly on berry vines. We've used a lot of the stuff and found the way to kill things like Wild Rose, Oak trees and such is to mix the concentrate about half strength. Spray what you want to kill while it is growing well and then wait a week. Re-spray with the half strength mix again and the stuff dies over the next few weeks. Seems like the weaker solution is taken into the root system and does not burn the leaves like the full strength mix. Much better kill using this method. I suspect Angie is using one of the pre-mix Roundups as the concentrate usually runs about $90.00 to $110.00 a gallon in gallon lots. We can sometime find it for around $75.00 or $80.00 a gallon in lots of 20 gallons or more but not often.

I've heard of Crossbow but never used it. How do the prices compare with Roundup?

Mike

Old 06-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by tencubed
Gotta argue with you on this one, Rod. Depending on which Roundup you use it works great on blackberries and other woody plants. They make stuff that is designed for grasses and legumes as well as ones for the woody plants. You have to get the concentrate that is designed for poison ivy and other brush for it to work properly on berry vines. We've used a lot of the stuff and found the way to kill things like Wild Rose, Oak trees and such is to mix the concentrate about half strength. Spray what you want to kill while it is growing well and then wait a week. Re-spray with the half strength mix again and the stuff dies over the next few weeks. Seems like the weaker solution is taken into the root system and does not burn the leaves like the full strength mix. Much better kill using this method. I suspect Angie is using one of the pre-mix Roundups as the concentrate usually runs about $90.00 to $110.00 a gallon in gallon lots. We can sometime find it for around $75.00 or $80.00 a gallon in lots of 20 gallons or more but not often.

I've heard of Crossbow but never used it. How do the prices compare with Roundup?

Mike
About comparable to Roundup. One spraying with Crossbow and the leaves are curled within a day. Will kill Alders and whatever other kind of tree you spray it on. Have to fill out a form to buy it, very potent stuff.
I actually mix Crossbow and Roundup together in the sprayer and it takes care of the grasses and the hardwoods in one application.
I am able to buy the concentrate in much smaller lots than you mention. I can get it in quart jugs at the local farm supply store.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
About comparable to Roundup. One spraying with Crossbow and the leaves are curled within a day. Will kill Alders and whatever other kind of tree you spray it on. Have to fill out a form to buy it, very potent stuff.
I actually mix Crossbow and Roundup together in the sprayer and it takes care of the grasses and the hardwoods in one application.
I am able to buy the concentrate in much smaller lots than you mention. I can get it in quart jugs at the local farm supply store.
Sounds like a lethal combination. We can get spray concentrate in small lots but the cost is usually higher per unit. I'm going to have to check on the Crossbow and see if it's compatible with some of the other stuff we use. Any more I have such a small amount of area to cover I just use the quad and it's little 15 gallon sprayer. Takes a few trips but I'm able to get in all the corners easier than a field sprayer.

I've been trying to find a starter for the brush beater that tags along behind the quad. Apparently Briggs never made the engine that is on the thing. It's one of their 12.5 HP OHV engines that have been around for a long time but no one seems to be able to find it in the books. About ready to upgrade to a bigger engine as I've spent about three hours on the internet and phone trying to find one. What a waste of time. Least I get to visit here between sessions and while waiting for replies.

Mike

Old 06-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Afternoon PSAR
Walked around a little bit today with one crutch, talk about baby steps!
Ankle feels like a mild sprain after not having been on it for 3 months and then walking on it. Tends to sell up too.
Gonna take some getting used to.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Sounds like a lethal combination.

Mike
It will take care of everything that it gets sprayed on. I don't like to have to spray more than once a year.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Sounds like a lethal combination. We can get spray concentrate in small lots but the cost is usually higher per unit. I'm going to have to check on the Crossbow and see if it's compatible with some of the other stuff we use. Any more I have such a small amount of area to cover I just use the quad and it's little 15 gallon sprayer. Takes a few trips but I'm able to get in all the corners easier than a field sprayer.

I've been trying to find a starter for the brush beater that tags along behind the quad. Apparently Briggs never made the engine that is on the thing. It's one of their 12.5 HP OHV engines that have been around for a long time but no one seems to be able to find it in the books. About ready to upgrade to a bigger engine as I've spent about three hours on the internet and phone trying to find one. What a waste of time. Least I get to visit here between sessions and while waiting for replies.

Mike
Crossbow is more animal friendly. It works well on blackberries and I can use it around my horses where I would never spray round up. Gotta figure that means it's better for the puppies, too.

Keep an eye on feed store sales. It does go on sale, but this is a hard time of year to find the really good sales.

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread