Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: xFreebirdx

</end quote></div>

He Lives He really does.. Somewhere [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Back to my office for the new year.. jobs bout done.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay OK, did you get your axle nuts figured out Chris? I swear they spin opposite directions so the outside one holds the inside one on tight. [img][/img] Someone else pipe up!</end quote></div>

That's the way they are on a Raptor, inside right tight, outside left tight and don't forget about the set screw [img][/img]</end quote></div>

There's no set screw on the axle nuts on the Suzuki, I do know that. Probably time to get a big ol' breaker bar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay

OK, did you get your axle nuts figured out Chris? I swear they spin opposite directions so the outside one holds the inside one on tight. [img][/img]Someone else pipe up!</end quote></div>

No! My buddy came over tonight and he stood on the quad holding the rear brake while I turned the outside nut clockwise with a 2 foot breaker bar and a 4 foot pony clamp bar over that! It move maybe 1/4 inch and stopped! Didn't know a breaker bar could bend so far! Maybe I need to put the other wrench on the inside nut and twist the opposite direction. I had enough for tonight. I surrprised I didn't break anything.

Any help would be appreciated.....

Old 12-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Chris, do you need to borrow my adjustable wrenches? I can drop them off tomorrow afternoon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Chris, do you need to borrow my adjustable wrenches? I can drop them off tomorrow afternoon [img][/img]

</end quote></div>

Thanks Happa but I bought a set of axle wrenches. You can still toot your horn when you drive by [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250No! My buddy came over tonight and he stood on the quad holding the rear brake while I turned the outside nut clockwise with a 2 foot breaker bar and a 4 foot pony clamp bar over that! It move maybe 1/4 inch and stopped! Didn't know a breaker bar could bend so far! Maybe I need to put the other wrench on the inside nut and twist the opposite direction. I had enough for tonight. I surrprised I didn't break anything. Any help would be appreciated.....</end quote></div>
Are you using one of those thin wrenches that a breaker bar attaches to the handle with?

Old 12-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

That two footer works tons better than those axle wrenches [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

4' of galvanized pipe over that 2' wrench with a floor jack doing the pushing might do the trick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250No! My buddy came over tonight and he stood on the quad holding the rear brake while I turned the outside nut clockwise with a 2 foot breaker bar and a 4 foot pony clamp bar over that! It move maybe 1/4 inch and stopped! Didn't know a breaker bar could bend so far! Maybe I need to put the other wrench on the inside nut and twist the opposite direction. I had enough for tonight. I surrprised I didn't break anything. Any help would be appreciated.....</end quote></div>

Are you using one of those thin wrenches that a breaker bar attaches to the handle with?</end quote></div>

Yeah. They have the 1/2 and 3/8 notches to fit you rachet or breaker bar on. No problem with slipping off. They have good bite, just cant get the nuts to loosen!

Old 12-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250 Yeah. They have the 1/2 and 3/8 notches to fit you rachet or breaker bar on. No problem with slipping off. They have good bite, just cant get the nuts to loosen!</end quote></div>
You can't bend that 2' wrench. I tried the wrench with the breaker bar before, didn't have much luck, then I purchased a 3 peice wrench set from Tool Town, I used the 18" to hold the inside nut and the 24" to break the outside nut. Put my 3 ton floor jack under the handle and start cranking it up, it'll break the nut or lift you and the quad up in the air [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread