Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

KS riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KS riders

Are there any kansas riders out there? I live in wichita and I am always looking for new places to ride. Keep riding everyone!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KS riders

There are some kick *** sand dunes in Northeast Oklahoma...I'm originally from SE KS and its only like 30 min. away. Its the little Sahara in Pitcher, OK. You have to check it out.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Trailblazer
Old 02-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Range Rover
Default KS riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ForeMan'00

There are some kick *** sand dunes in Northeast Oklahoma...I'm originally from SE KS and its only like 30 min. away. Its the little Sahara in Pitcher, OK. You have to check it out.</end quote></div>

It is NOT Pitcher!!!!!!It is located in NW Oklahoma near Waynoka...The chat piles near Picher are closed down by the Federal Gov't....You can ride there IF you want to go to jail & loose your ATV & truck...I can give U 2 peoples names who had it happen...

Old 02-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Range Rover
Default KS riders

There are some real nice trails on the river north of Coffeyville...It is about 1 1/2 hrs SE of You...All kinds of challanges from trails to mud to Hill climbs...You can even go ride doen by the river...

400 east to 75 south thru Independance go south to Coffeyville...At stop light by Walmart turn left (North) go to "T" stopsign turn left go 1 block turn RIGHT on Cline rd...Go north out of towm past golf course about 2 miles...road will curve to left stay straight.....go to 1st road on right...this road will take U to the river...CAUTION!!!!If it has been rainign & is muddy...park near where the asphalt ends...as it is real muddy & gooey....

Old 03-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KS riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Pitnazi

There are some real nice trails on the river north of Coffeyville...It is about 1 1/2 hrs SE of You...All kinds of challanges from trails to mud to Hill climbs...You can even go ride doen by the river...

400 east to 75 south thru Independance go south to Coffeyville...At stop light by Walmart turn left (North) go to "T" stopsign turn left go 1 block turn RIGHT on Cline rd...Go north out of towm past golf course about 2 miles...road will curve to left stay straight.....go to 1st road on right...this road will take U to the river...CAUTION!!!!If it has been rainign & is muddy...park near where the asphalt ends...as it is real muddy & gooey....</end quote></div>

I live in Independence, Ks and ride these trails a lot. You can probably find 70% of the trails within four hours, it makes a nice day trip. I have ridden in six states and if you are looking for challenging, hazardous and dangerous these are some of the best. The locals refer to it as "Killer Hill" as there have been several people killed there. I believe most of the deaths occur from racing down the unmaintained road at a high rate of speed and crashing into the trees. There are lots of places to ride so by matching your speed and trails with your abilities anyone can ride some of these and have fun. Lesser injuries result from turning over backwards on the steep trails. For those of you unfamiliar with southeast Kansas this area has no flat ground and it is all forest. It is also a very pretty site with some terrific views. This area is not maintained so if you come please don't litter and respect the bounderies for the good of the sport everywhere. Also, there is no water or camping. There is camping with full hookups in Coffeyville however and it is like a mile away. There is a state lake with free camping about six miles to the north. They have restrooms but no water. Got any questions give me a holler. Have fun and ride safe, Mike

Old 03-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Question

Just found info about this on a new search. Is there any more info on the Coffeyville trail over the last 10 years or pics and videos?