Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New rider in Rochester, NY looking for some trails

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rider in Rochester, NY looking for some trails

Hi,

I live in rochester ny and recently bought my first Quad (05 banshee), i got a couple buddies who ride mostly on the train tracks but i dont see to much fun in that. Iam looking to buy some land atleast 20 acres in the near future. but till then can anyone point me in the right direction? some trails where you can actually get lost in and not be bothered. Thanxx Luis

Old 05-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Luis, there really aren't any places you can ride locally where you can "get lost" and not be bothered. Try Oswego County, they have a very decent trail system, I have heard they are also cracking down on noise so leave your loud pipes at home. This is near Tugg Hill where there are also trails/roads you can ride if registered and insured, but it is a slippery slope. Road closures have become more prevalent and you should probably find a local to show you around. Locals to Oswego and Tugg Hill can be found here. Lewis county is supposed to be working on/have an extensive trail system. I have never ridden there and it is a haul from Roch. This is just getting underway, I am not sure just how functional it is yet. Personally, I ride here quite a bit. I have more places, but my favorite to trailride is here in PA We have a trip planned for that place end of May on the other forum. All are welcome.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Trailblazer

I'm going riding with some friends near Appleton, which is 35-40 miles from Rochester very close to Lake Ontario/Letchworth area.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanx scooter, i went and registerd at motomadness, and the majestic camp trails in allegheny region looks like something to check out. Iam riding a banshee unfortunately i've already put some T6's on it (after market pipes) and really dont know how loud it's going to be since its still in the shop. Also when i bout the quad all i got with it was a bill of sell so iam not sure if i can find a way to register and insure it.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Yes, you can still get reg/insurance if you want it. NYS does not require proof of insurance to register the atv. All you will need is the receipt and a tracing of the VIN from the frame. Take that to the DMV and they will run a check to make sure it isn't stolen and then give you a registration. Unfortunately you will have to pay taxes on the amount on the bill of sale if it wasn't already taxed. If you are going out to motomadness.let me know and maybe we can meet up.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey scooter,thanx for the info, i didnt pay any taxes on the quad but the seller didnt put an amount on the bill of sale, so i can pretty much save something there. as far as insurance is it necessary since i can get registration without it? as for motomadness i registerd to the site but didnt know how to post or get around it. I take it the owner of the site is the owner of the trails right? i want to go check out the trails but i wont be ready for about 2 weeks, the quad's getting an over haul, thats what i get for f****** with Ebay. we'll def.. meet up there as soon as it's ready.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

If you ride anything public, like club trails, you will need insurance. Closed course stuff like Rocky Roost or Area 51 you don't. NYS law says you need liability anytime you venture off your own property. atv insurance is cheap, so I carry it. Not sure of the policy at motomadness, but it should be up on the site or just pm skyzmine. To bad about the Banshee, but she will be worth it once it is right.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

Also check out http://www.NYATVONLINE.com They have all the riding events etc for NY. Its a great Site for NY riders - Joe

Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanx joe