Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any legal Riding areas in New England!!!! Please Help( New to Forum)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any legal Riding areas in New England!!!! Please Help( New to Forum)

i have ridden in the forks some and there are a few trails that do allow you to go to gas stations to fill up ill try to find a website with trailmaps for you because i know there is one somewhere

Old 07-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks yamaharap.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Mike- if you go to google and type in Maine Atv trails guide it has maps of many places to ride also an infomation booth will have maps as well such as the one in freeport

Old 07-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am sorry that I was booked. Usually my camps are fairly quiet and available as they are all new. Riding has been real good lately as we ahve been getting rain at night which keeps the dust down. Hope you have a great trip.

Scott
Spruce Meadow Cabins

Old 07-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer

sprucemeadow,

We are going up the last week of this Month. When we called, we were told all your cabins were booked as you had a large ATV group coming up.

But like I said before, if it turns out that we like it up there, we will keep you guys in mind for the next time.

Mike.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default Any legal Riding areas in New England!!!! Please Help( New to Forum)"></title><script src=

Well I'm back from Maine. Just got bak about an hour ago.

All the places we called in the Forks and Jackman area were booked. But I guess that is what you can expect when you plan the entire trip in less than a Month. We found a vacancy at Gateway Cabins in Bingham (roughly, about 35 minutes South of the Forks). I would highly recommend the place, great prices, super clean, very friendly, great trail access..... just overall great.

The trails out of Bingham were great to ride, but not so well marked. I had an '08 Maine State ATV trail map, but a lot of the trail numbers didn't match up. From what I undrerstand, they've changed a lot of the numbers. The State map actually tells you to check with the local clubs and to not consider the State map an actual trail map (sounded really dumb to me). Apparently there is a local map that you can down load free from the local ATV club, but their website was down the entire time we were there (4 days). Anyways, even though the trails were not well marked, they were marked good enough so you didn't really get lost, but not good enough to plan an entire trip.

Rode out of West Forks for 1 day. Trails were a lot better marked and I mean a lot better. But the trails were narrower, rockier, muddier (although it did rain every day of our vacation) and overall just not as nice as Bingham.

Wanted to ride out of Jackman, but never made it up to there. I kept hearing how the trails were suppose to be great, but I never found out either way.

Overall, I liked the trails for riding out of Bingham better, but the trails out of the Forks were much better marked. Tried to make it to Greenville from Bingham and never found it due to the poor marking. Could've easily made it to Greenville from the Forks, but it rained so hard, we called it a day.

No problem driving up to gas stations for gas. All the trails we rode were well marked for food and gas. Although these places were quite a distance a part, they were well marked. We carried extra gas, but never needed it. Our longest trip was 64 miles between fill ups.

I still want to try the Jackman area, but overall, I would still recommend the Forks and Bingham area. Due to the actual trail riding (not markings), I actually prefer the Bingham area, but I would ride both again.

Mike.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Any legal Riding areas in New England!!!! Please Help( New to Forum)"></title><script src=

My wife and a friend of ours are heading to Jackman in the beginning of September. We are staying at the Spruce Meadows cabins. I will report back and let you know how the riding is. It will be our first ATV vacation and we are extremely excited. The wife wants to try ATVing and I heard they rent ATV's up there. Don't know if that is true or not but if it is we will be renting one for her up there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know if spruce Meadow rents them or not, but when I was in that area, I seen several places that did. So no matter what, I'm sure you will be able to rent one somewhere.

Have fun and good luck.

Mike.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mikestr427BB
Rode out of West Forks for 1 day. Trails were a lot better marked and I mean a lot better. But the trails were narrower, rockier, muddier (although it did rain every day of our vacation) and overall just not as nice as Bingham.

Mike.</end quote></div>

Mike!

That is what I am talking about!!! Where are those Trails!!! I am a slow and steady Rocker and Roller [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I love the narrower, rockier, and muddier trail... after all I own a 4x4 Utility quads !! and I love using the 4x4 part... hehehehe

I am much happier doing a 15-20 mile day of narrow rocky muddy trails than a 70 mile day of snooze and cruise... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

-Steve

Old 08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

The rocky and muddy trails were in the Forks (specifically, West Forks).

If you go past Northern Outdoor Adventures on Route 201 and cross a bridge and than you will see a gas station on the right. The trails we rode were basically behind that gas station. We did a loop that was really rocky.

We didn't need the 4x4 as the mud wasn't that bad, but they were very rocky. Definetly wouldn't classify the trails as "cruising trails", but I also wouldn't classify them as "technical" either. You just had to slow down and navigate the rocks a little, but, most of it could be done in 3rd gear.

Mike.

Quick Reply: Any legal Riding areas in New England!!!! Please Help( New to Forum)