Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

VMP VA

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VMP VA

kool...i'll let you know...if you got a way out there on the 14th next saturday come out

Old 06-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Range Rover
Default VMP VA

cant i would but goin campin on the james and my quad 90 miles away in mecklenburg were i hunt......hope its a nice place have fun

Old 06-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default VMP VA

if yall want to link up let me know you can e-mail me at joshuar6447@yahoo.com we can get a discount of 10% if we can round up 6 people

Old 06-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default VMP VA

i definatly wanna hook up....i have me, and maybe a friend coming with me, and probably another guy but i have to pick him up too, but i'm definatly going on the 14th...let me know if u wanna hook up

Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default VMP VA

sounds good to me.. just let me know i sent you a private msg

Old 06-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default VMP VA

kool i'll let you know close to next saturday

Old 06-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default VMP VA

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: justhanginout

i went out to taskers gap this weekend. i wouldn't recomend it.</end quote></div>

Can you give a little bit of a ride report? I am planning a trip out there next month. I was up in the valley last weekend and rode up the the Taskers trailhead...looked decent enough.

As for VMP...I went two weeks ago and here are a few observations. The parking area is nice...plenty of room. They have a hill right next to the parking area for climbing, jumping, etc. It's fun for about 15 minutes, then time to move on to the next area. They have a large open field that has a trail that snakes round and round through it. I personally didn't enjoy that at all. Too much dust, and not much else. I guess the highlight of the park is the trail that leads down through the woods. Lots of mudholes on that trail (for those who like mud). There are pretty much no real straightaways so don't expect to get past 3rd gear. There are also roots galore. The trail is one way, so you shouldn't meet any other riders head on. They are supposed to be opening a new section of trail that could be fun, but I don't know any details.

It took us about 45 minutes to make the lap around the trail. After we had done it twice, we decided we were done. The roots will throw you a beating. Fortunately, we only signed up for a half day of riding (which was $15). We were at the park for around a total of 3 hours. It is a new park, and in development, so it will continue to improve. Don't go in there expecting anything too great, they don't have nearly the trail system that Slades has (at least not yet). I can tell you this though....the $40 that they are charging for the opening day ride is steep. If they are providing food and other goodies, it may be worth it. If not, then.....well, you decide for yourself.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default VMP VA

$40? i was told $25 but i could be wrong....slades is cool but its like everywhere else after a while it gets old, but i like getting away, i live in the city so anywhere to ride is cool with me cause we can't ride anywhere here.....but if its the first time its open then over time it will get better....i'm sure when slades opened up they couldn't have been as good as it is now then when they opened

Old 06-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default VMP VA

Here you go opening day

Old 06-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Trailblazer
Default VMP VA

i think its $40 for the full day plus the night ride