Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for good places to ride in NH

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for good places to ride in NH

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: offroadtommy05

Steve, I live in Dracut and we ride in Dunbarton NH when we get out. Sometimes we go to Middleboro to ride the power lines at a friends house or we do a quick ride in Burlington Ma at the NorthEastern Univ campus.

Do you need to be registered to ride Henniker? I have not registered as of now. How are the Henniker trails?

Thanks for your time,</end quote></div>

Henniker Rocks - literally... there are some decent cruisers.. but I love Henniker for all the technical terrain.. .yes you NEED 4x4's on some of the trails for sure! There is even this one trail I found that the larger bigbores would have trouble climbing due to width and off camber [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have logged about 50 hours riding in there... some rides last 4 hours for a mere 20 miles [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but then again - some of that time is exploring new areas.. if I were to just go out and ride... I could do 20 miles in 3....

There is a good chance I am heading up there sunday if you want...

Yes you need to be registered though of the 50 hours I have spent up there.. I only seen a Greenie once...

Old 06-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jflib74

How are the trails from claremont? lots of whoopties, mud, woodtrails, roughly how many miles? can you fuel up any where on the trail?Thanks for the info</end quote></div>

We did 35 miles up in Claremont - seems like there is much more... not much mud and yes there are Whoops - I found out the hard way when I hit one going to fast and I played "Superman" for about 20 feet or so then slide another 5-10.... Another time in my life I was VERY THANKFUL for my Helmet!!

Fuel - is available right near the burger king right on Rt 11. I am not sure if you can ride to other places to get more fuel... I always carry 2.5 gals anyhow... hardly ever needed it.. but there will be that one time I will and I WILL have it ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I would like to ride Claremont more - do some exploring [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Steve what time do you plan on riding Sunday and how do you get their? I am trying to coordinate with my riding budies and make sure I have no Family stuff going on. It's the wifes B-day she may give me a pass though.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

If I go.. I'll probably leave Tewksbury about 9am.. (because GF likes "morning time" haha) which will put me on the trails by 1030am....

I am still waiting to hear from some of the guys on NEATV/Alliance to see if they'd be interested..

It is up Rt 3 or 93 to Rt 89 North to Exit 5 to Rt 114 Exit go north and I usually meet newbies at the Mobil right there on the LEFT.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Range Rover

makes me wish I could have brought my machine with me. I live in CO now, but I'm a native of Nashua, NH and I am there now visiting my family.

Woulda been nice to get out and ride while I'm here. But alas, my machine sits waiting for me back in Colorado.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TheSollyLama

makes me wish I could have brought my machine with me. I live in CO now, but I'm a native of Nashua, NH and I am there now visiting my family.

Woulda been nice to get out and ride while I'm here. But alas, my machine sits waiting for me back in Colorado.</end quote></div>

Ah but I bet there are some sweet riding spots in Colorado. I am sure there are some good technical trails for sure :-)

Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: offroadtommy05

Steve what time do you plan on riding Sunday and how do you get their? I am trying to coordinate with my riding budies and make sure I have no Family stuff going on. It's the wifes B-day she may give me a pass though.</end quote></div>

So Tommy,

Are you in or what [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] --- I seen that you found NEATV ... fun bunch of guys I have done 2 rides with them so far..

Old 06-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Steve, I'm out for this Sunday. It's the wifes B-day don't want to push my luck. The weekend of the 4th is also no good going to the Cape. Myself and the other 2 -3 guys I ride with are planing the second week of July up at Henneker. I will post here or at NEATVER so we can meet and hit the trails. Do you ever take week day rides?

Later,

Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Range Rover

CO does indeed have some excellent trails. I'll happily play tour guide for those displaced new englanders that find themselves looking for a trail in the Rockies.

Sadly though, we've gone 'designated trails only' there, so for all the splendor of the Rockies, much of it became off limits to ATV's.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

I am riding up in Henniker this weekend... at this point it is going to be on Saturday as sunday looks rainy...

Probably hit the trails by 10am the latest! I ride the rocky techinical trails so don't bring the 2wd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] or the 4x4's with the plow mount frame still attached..

Quick Reply: Looking for good places to ride in NH