Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Townsend, Mountain WI

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Townsend, Mountain WI

Does anyone know anywere good to ride in Townsend or Mountain Wisconsin were i ride its just gravel dirt and dust i want mud pits and i dont get that with the domestic trails

Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Range Rover

I think there is a group from atvnation heading to mountain this weekend....I would like to do a weekend with mud etc to this weekend...

I kinda wanted to go to Mellen or Park Falls area....

Would you want to get together and try a place to ride somewhere?? I am near Elk Mound/Eau Claire area....

Old 08-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

im prob not going up till next year

Old 08-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

LOL, they do call the trails by Mountain - Dusty Trails. It's well deserved. However, we went this year about 2 weeks after the big rains and it was awesome. It rained the night before and the day of for about 30 minutes. There was tons of mater/mud on the pipeline and the rest of the trail was damp and no dust at all.

Unfortunately all the state trails are fire lanes, old railroad beds and table top smooth snowmobile trails. They hate ATVs and are always talking about the damage they do. You can't go anywhere off the trails in anything fun. There are a few places that are private owned but they get boring when you go there month after month.

http://www.dustytrailsatvclub.com/maps/default.asp

There's a place called McCaslin mountain that is a few miles north of Mountain. It is a private owned camp ground that lets 4x4 jeeps and ATV's on the trails. There's tons of rocks to traverse and plenty of trails and a big mud pit to play in. It was the first place I ever went in WI and it was a blast.

http://www.mccaslinmountain.com/

Old 08-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Trailblazer

Yea me and 2 of my buddys went on the trails and we were so far apart from eachother because you couldnt to close because you couldnt see. We were going to go to pipeline but then my buddys atv starting leaking diff oil and he didnt want to take it there. But right by my cabin there is a sand pit which pretty fun until they started working during the week and we couldnt get there untill 5