Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

anywhere near wilmington ma.?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anywhere near wilmington ma.?

anywhere near wilmington ma.? just got an 04 eiger and would like to take it for a ride.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey Idlespeed, unfortunately there are no legal places to ride that I know of in our area. I'm in Billerica. If you know someone with alot of acreage or a farm or something you can ride on privated property with permission without a registration. The following is information from the Mass. DVR site. You have to have a registration to ride in these areas. There are some areas in NH that are closer time-wise to get to.

Western Massachusetts

These four forests are open to ORV use through the partnership of the Berkshire Trails Council and local ORV clubs who help to maintain the trails for all visitors. ORV trails in Western Massachusetts are challenging and only suitable for the intermediate to expert rider. For more detailed information, trail maps and directions go to www.mass.gov/dcr/forparks.htm

Beartown State Forest (Lee, Great Barrington and Monterey) tel. # (413)528-0904
Approximately 25 miles of ORV trails suitable for motorcycles or ATVs.

October Mountain State Forest (Lee, Lenox, Washington and Becket) tel. # (413)243-1778
Approximately 30 miles of ORV trails suitable for motorcycles or ATVs.

Pittsfield State Forest (Pittsfield, Lanesboro and Hancock) tel. # (413)442-8992
Approximately 36 miles of ORV trails suitable for motorcycles or ATVs.

Tolland State Forest (Tolland, Sandisfield and Otis)
tel. # (413)269-6002

Approximately 15 miles of OHV trails best suited to MGL c. 90 registered motorcycles (motorcycles registered and equipped to ride on public roads). Many Tolland trails merge with public ways where ATV use is prohibited. ATV riders will find more suitable trails in Beartown, October Mt. and Pittsfield State Forests.

Southeastern Massachusetts

These two forests are open to ORV use through the partnership of the Pilgrim Sands Trail Riders and King Philip Trail Riders who help to maintain the trails for all visitors. For more detailed information, trail maps and directions go to www.mass.gov/dcr/forparks.htm

Freetown-Fall River State Forest (Freetown and Fall River) tel. # (508)644-5522
Approximately 25 miles of singe track trails for the expert rider. Motorcycles only.

F. Gilbert Hills, Wrentham and Franklin State Forests (Foxboro, Wrentham and Franklin) tel. # (508)543-9084
Approximately 8 miles of single track motorcycle trail in each of the three forests. Best suited to intermediate to expert riders. Motorcycles only.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks moose , i was thinking illegal used yo ride my yz 125 in no reading where the post office is and wally world are now that was a long time ago no one would care or bother us.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah, I used to ride a friend's motor scooter in the woods about 35 years ago. It's not worth the tickets or the possible confiscation of machines.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Trailblazer

I live in Tewksbury and ride several spots around here which are technically illegal but I ride several times a week for a fast blast and for a few hours on week ends when I can for about a year now with no bother., my neighbor told me about them which he has been riding for like 15-20 yrs. You just have to be respectful low and slow by houses. Respect the dog walkers or other that use the land those are the people that call the cops. Also If you know where the Gilette warehouse is in andover by I-93 there is a nice little track, some serious jumps 12+ ft., little mounds of dirt and mut pit w/ water nearby its real sandy but regular tires to alright.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks dealer i will check it out .