Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

U.P. Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U.P. Michigan

Well that time of year has come again, the temps are falling and the leaves are changing. It is time for a color tour. We are heading out Thurs. morning for the U.P. of Mich. There will be about 25-30 of us. I can't hardly wait. Last year we got drinched. But the weather is supposed to be beautiful. I will let everybody know how it goes.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default U.P. Michigan

What part of the U.P.? I'll be up around the Soo in a few weeks but probably won't be able to take my ATV.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default U.P. Michigan

We went to Strongs Corner, about 25 miles from the Soo. The weather was BEAUTIFUL, no dust and the temps were great. Dress in layers for the morning and strip them off in layers during the day and put them back on in late afternoon. There were 25 of us. We saw some of the most wonderful colors. We roded about 300 miles in 3 days. We rode to a sand pit. ( I am sorry to all you guys that ride the dunes and I used to make fun of you......NOW I GET IT.) I had a blast in the sand. Needless to say GREAT FUN was had by all. Next years trip is in the planning stages already.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default U.P. Michigan

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: can-amwoman

We went to Strongs Corner, about 25 miles from the Soo. The weather was BEAUTIFUL, no dust and the temps were great. Dress in layers for the morning and strip them off in layers during the day and put them back on in late afternoon. There were 25 of us. We saw some of the most wonderful colors. We roded about 300 miles in 3 days. We rode to a sand pit. ( I am sorry to all you guys that ride the dunes and I used to make fun of you......NOW I GET IT.) I had a blast in the sand. Needless to say GREAT FUN was had by all. Next years trip is in the planning stages already.</end quote></div>

UH OH gotta lil sand in your veins now..... WATCH OUT!!!!
Man was a perfect weekend for riding the colors peaked this weekend then the rain and wind came in last night and stripped tons of them off. couldnt of worked out any better for you, had you waited 1 week you would of missed most of it.

Glad to hear you all had a great weekend!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default U.P. Michigan

I used to snowmobile around there. As a matter of fact the mechanic that tore down my engine and told me it was FUBAR was in Strongs. I used to have a share in some property at Raco and a lot of my relatives lived in Dafter so I was up and down M-28 and the trails next to it a lot back in those days. I rode about a half-dozen ATV trails up there so far. Next spring or summer when it's nice and warm I'll be headed up to ride. My trip coming up is to clean up my mom's cabin, gamble, and get a free buffet and drinks, so there won't be time to ride.