Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any Places to Ride in or Near RICHMOND VA

Old 10-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Places to Ride in or Near RICHMOND VA

First I'd like to say sorry if there are already feeds or topics made for such a similar post. I just joined today and am anxious to go riding near my house. I don't have a loud atv so I'm not too worried about people hearing. I live near lakeside Richmond about 5 miles north of the city. I have ridin a few times at virginia motorsports park but like most owned props. they have their limits. I really wanted to spend today riding but I couldn't find anything. Please let me know anything in or around Richmond it would help out alot.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First -- what do you think of VMP. I live in Norfolk and was thinking of heading up there.

I dont know how far you want to drive, but about 1.5 hours from you theres a nice little trail system called South Pedlar. Its in a state forest and all you do is pay 5 bucks to park on an honor system, then you can ride the trails. Not too bad.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

VMP is pretty cool, I'm doing some PR for them with hopes of getting a 1/4 mile atv enduro style racetrack. Other than that it has like 5 systems ranked on skill, a motocross track and a giant freestyle hill. I'll have to check out the park you were telling me about.

Thanks for the reply

Old 10-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for info. Just do a search (google) for south pedlar you should get there.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

We have a couple places to ride out near the richmond intl. airport. Small, flat circle track & quite a few trails & some wide open straights.

Looking for other places to ride so maybe we can share riding spots. (PM me.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ))

Love the site. Each state should have thier own category like the manufacturers do though. ; )

Old 10-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I actually found a place out in Amelia VA. 2000 Acres of hunting land my friend leases, said I could ride anytime!

The following users liked this post:
Gterrel (01-26-2020)
Old 10-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

OK, does that do me any good.....????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Whats his lease cost????? Maybe we can work something out. Me and some friends / family are actually trying to start an ATV Club. you can go to www myspace dot com and lookup sandbox bullies

Old 10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah man, i live in church hill, and im tired of getting chaced off the frisbey golf cources by the cops. im looking for a desent place to ride in richmond. my girlfriend and i have enduros and im having a hard time finding places to ride where we wont get in trouble. ive got some good leads on some trails in chesterfield, off jeff davis behind the general defence supply center, near 288, but i have not pegged it yet.
but there has got to be some place closer. also there is a small trail off glenside dr
rite in your back yard. its not much but any port will do in a storm. ill let you know if i find anything.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

I too am searching for some places to ride in the area. I have been on some trails in sandston. But we found out the owner does not want anyone there anymore cause of some young kids trashing the place. Vmp is ok but I couldn't find anywhere to open it up. I have heard that theres a place in Midlothian but can't seem to find it. If anyone has some places and wants to ride. dropme a line

Old 11-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Trailblazer

Thats the problem GN. When you do get a decent location you have people who trash it out. I have one spot in portsmouth that I had to call the game warden in. Went out this weekend and found 4 deer skins and heads. Freakin poachers dumped thier waste there. But, my kids get mad when I make them bring trash bags and clean up trash in the area. Especially the beer bottles and crap that some of the newer/unrespectful riders leave behind.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Places to Ride in or Near RICHMOND VA