Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any riders from Cape cod Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any riders from Cape cod Area

I was just wondering if anybody could give me any tips on where to go riding down there... i no it is illegal but my dad and i are very respectful riders and if anyone could possibly ride with us, and act as a tour guide that would be awesome!

thanks alot
Nic

Old 10-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

I used to thrash a Honda 350 Oddessy down off Route 28 rotary near the State Police barracks. There is a huge shandpit that leads to trails back there. It also goes onto the Military mRes. You have to be careful you dont go to far onto there as there is an impact range for mortars. hat might actually be shut diown. You can see the pit from the Northbound side of rt 28.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer

oh thats sick, does it get me on to the main powerlines?

Old 10-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes, I think if you get a topographical map or one of the Larger town road maps you can find your way to powerlines. There are several running through post. Most places around impact area are heavily marked warning you of the impact area. Also there is a Pav Paws Radar station you'll be able to see it far away stay away from that area too. If you keep to areas bordering rt 6 I dont think anyone will bother you. I don't think there are many patrols out there as the post is an open post. Just use common sense and don't litter and no-one will bother you. When I get my machine i'll mkeet up with you.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

nice, what kind of machine you gonna get?

Old 10-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wanted 1 machine for hunting and play but may actually get 2. I was leaning toward a Polaris Razor and one of those floatable Amphibious 6 or 8 wheel aatv's. They can float through swamps and keep you dry to allow staying out longer. They just arent super fast with 30 being tops unless you fool with the motor.

Like the Razr since it is narrow with roll cage it seems the safest.

What do you ride?

Jack

Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

we ride Can Am Renegade 800's. they are really quick and tons of fun!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I like the Can Am's, I was considering one of those if I get a quad. Used to ride a Cam Am dirtbike.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

yeah they are alot of fun. They look like a very well made bike, and have tons of torque and adreniline pumping speed

Old 10-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mudcruiser,
beungood's information is wrong and dangerous. Here are the facts:

1) Camp Edwards and Otis Air National Guard Base are not "open posts" they are active military installations and entry on to the post with out with out legal authorization is criminal trespass.

2) Trespassers are subject to arrest and their ATVs can be confiscated. Fines up to $500 also.

3) The post and ranges are ACTIVELY patroled by the Army, Air Force, Mass Environmental Police and Mass State Police.

4) The base has been in use since 1911 and as such there are real risks to uninformed trespassers from a variety military munitions. These are not limited to marked Impact Areas!

As a concerned Sodier and father my recomendation is you find a new riding area and advise your friends for their safety.

Regards,
MSG Gary Mauk
Range Operations NCOIC
Camp Edwards, MA

Quick Reply: Any riders from Cape cod Area