Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WHERE TO RIDE

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE TO RIDE

Looking to chat with ATV riders in the Southern California area. interested in sharing riding areas or learning of new ones.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WHERE TO RIDE

We have a group of riders from here in the forum, and occasionally we do a ride and anybody who can make it is welcome. I will be doing quite a bit of riding over the holidays, so PM me and I will keep you posted! I am into both open desert, and mountain technical trail riding (4wd stuff), and dual-sport dirt bikes.

There are lots of resources available for riding areas, but I am a little rushed right now. I will post them later......

Basically, there is the high desert (Rasor/Afton, Stoddard, Calico, Johnson, Mirage, California City/Jawbone, Spangler, Dumont), low desert (Ocotillo, Glamis, Superstition), and the local mountains (Miller Canyon, Pinnacles, Crab Flats, Big Pine Flats, Cactus Flats).

We also ride the Sierras, White Mountains, and Inyos (Bishop, Mammoth, Lone Pine).

What areas are you already familiar with??? Other family members?

Old 12-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WHERE TO RIDE

Thanks for the invite. Definitely interested. I am married with a 8 year old daughter.
We have a polaris rangner and a Honda 600 R dual sport with the baha kit. I havent spent much time on the 600 after getting the Ranger. but i can bring both units out with the toy hauler. As far as places to ride i have spent quite a lot of time in the sierras. my favorite, the dunes, Ocotillo, and superstion. Bishop Mammoth and lone pine would be the places I would be most interested in doing, too bad its so seasonal. Keep us posted on your trips we would like to meet up with everyone.

Happy Holidays
Dave

Old 12-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Red Rider
Default WHERE TO RIDE

Maybe a snow ride in the SB Mountains (Miller Canyon) next weekend???? Rode up there today, and froze my **** off! There was a dusting of snow already.....

And, planning a Rasor/Afton day ride, maybe the day after Christmas or some time that weekend.

http://www.rasorroad.info/Tour_Rasor_Afton.htm

Old 12-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Red Rider
Old 12-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WHERE TO RIDE

Snow ride sounds good, Im sure of one thing, if the little lady comes ill need to get a windsheild. I think I can make it happen. Looks to be a busy week. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the links

Old 12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Red Rider
Default WHERE TO RIDE

It was only 40 degrees yesterday at the staging area (lower elevation), but the wind chill was the killer. You combine that with the wind chill from moving through the air on the bike, and it got pretty intense!

Where you located???? We are in the Redlands area, so it's not that long a drive for us to pop up to the mountains.......

Old 12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WHERE TO RIDE

We live in San Diego

Old 12-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Red Rider
Default WHERE TO RIDE

I see now why you ride Ocotillo, Superstition, and Glamis.......

Old 12-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Red Rider
Default WHERE TO RIDE

Might not be worth the drive from SD for the snow ride. Thing is, the conditions can be unpredictable. The road is very popular with Jeeps and if you aren't there early (first thing Saturday morning), it gets all hacked up. And if a bunch of Jeeps get in there Friday afternoon....conditions will deteriorate quickly.

Not a big deal for us locals who only have to drive 30 minutes to get there, but to make a drive from SD might not be worth the risk (????).

You absolutely do want to ride Rasor/Afton someday! Let us know sometime when you can camp over a weekend, and we will take you on a tour. Spring is the best, when the water is flowing in Afton.

Quick Reply: WHERE TO RIDE