Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any Indiana riders?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Indiana riders?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 0010

Check out this site: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.in.gov/dnr_old/outdoor/ohv/index.htm
">http://www.in.gov/dnr_old/outdoor/ohv/index.htm
</a>

It is the Indiana DNR listing of all the places to ride in Indiana. Hope it helps.</end quote></div>

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LaPorte here, used to be able to ride by me but not any more. also used to ride in Michigan City by the prision, but not any more either.
Nice to seethere are people on here from this area

Old 03-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone near Muncie?

Old 03-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor

I don't live up in IN anymore, but there was a place called Haspen Acres down south that had all the trail you could need.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am not currently a member, but check out http://www.gomtrc.com/

if you have not heard of this. Seem to be more into snowmobiles, but also ATVs

They have a trip planned in April, and last fall had a trip to WV I think.

Not sure about local rides they have.

I am 1 hr east of South Bend. We need something in this area.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey. I live in LaGrange, In, and there is a honda dealership in kendallville, In named Hayden Honda Powerhouse, and they have a area behind their dealership that you can ride in. its a desent sized area.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hello, I'm from Indianapolis. Badlands in Attica is a great place to ride. Creeks, trails thru the woods, rocks, and a huge sand dune area. You will need a flag there, and they DO NOT allow ANY glass bottles, etc... in the park. They will ask and check your coolers!

Haspin Acres in southeastern Indiana is awesome! You can ride almost anywhere, trails, rocks, or just head off in any direction you want. No flags are required. Haspin in very dry weather is a dust bowl. It can be hard to see on the main trail at times. If it has rained it is a mud pit. Sticky gooey Indiana clay. At times you really need a 4wd tow vehicle or you can get stuck in the parking lot.

Redbird State Recreational Area is another place to ride. It is south of Terre Haute about 25 miles at a town called Dugger. It is run by the IDNR and you need to have registered your atv with the state, and have the stickers on your atv to ride there. I've never been there so I can't say what the rules are there. I have heard it too can be a real mudbog if it has rained.

There was a place just west of Montezuma which is west of Rockville. The name escapes me right now. We went there a couple of times, not really much there and got boring after an hour or so. I went to their website several times last year and it never did give an opening date. I'm assuming they closed down.

UPDATE: It was called Mule Ridge. Their website still says "closed for the season".

These are the places I know of here in Indiana. I'm sure there are others I don't know about.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hello,
Been to the Badlands several times and it is a dust bowl if it has been dry. It has a bit of everything and is a nice place. Lots of pea gravel and hard on tires, but a nice place. If you want some extreme it's there, if you want to putt, it's there, Mud, it's there. I would have to say that there is something for everyone at the Badlands. I think they close a little early but..... They have a nice setup to wash your quads, and they do a nice job of managing all the traffic. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better place. I ride in Illinois and there isn't anyplace here like it for sure. We don't go there as much as we would like because of the nearly 3 hour drive, but still make it 2 or 3 times a year. Bring plenty of soda, water, and having your own awning/tent to get out of the sun is nice. Bring a gas can for reserve gas if you have a guzzler. Having a water container to wash your face and hands is nice too. I think it is probably the best place in the country for side by sides like the Rhino and RZR.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

hey im in il but there is a few places in il right off 80
Fox Valley Off Road Is Northern Illinois's Family oriented Off Road Riding Park! and The Cliffs Insane Terrain check them out let me know i was just at the badlands sunday

Old 05-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Trailblazer
Talking

anybody been down to the badlands lately? been wanting to go just need a reson

Quick Reply: Any Indiana riders?