Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Haspin Acres (Indiania) ride this weekend (2/10)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Due to popular demand, we are heading back out to Haspin this weekend! 4-Man-S and another local rider will be joining us, and we are shooting to hit the Haspin parking lot around 9am. So, DCSP500 (the TrailMaster), Tony, Truck (and friends), JohnnyBravo, FearSys, Scruff179, let's meet at Haspin and get dirty. Forecast is for rain and low 60's for Friday (I mention this as it will determine ride conditions), with overnight tempatures in the 50's, with a high on Saturday of mid-30's to low 40's. But when have they ever been right, right? C'mon, ya big whiners, dress warm, and let's sling some mud!

Old 02-08-2001, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Well we already had plans to ride at our land in
Aberdeen.I will talk to everyone tonight & see if
they want to go to Haspin instead.Later

TRUCK

Old 02-08-2001, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys, I porlly wont show up this weekend, but my friends and I are thinking about going next weekend, but I am not 100% sure. Just so everyone knows I have made a map in how to get to Haspin, from Cincy, just email me at KramerMD@notes.UDayton.edu and I can send you it. But those from up north like from Cleveland, I searched on the fourm and found some directions that might be faster,

Directions; out of Cleaveland take I-71 S to I-70 go west on I-70 to IN ST RT 1, go south towards Connersville IN. ST RT 1 will turn off in Connersville, but dont turn!! Continue heading south out of Connersville with the RR tracks on your left side. I think the road turns into ST 121 after ST RT 1 turns off, you will want to double check this since I havn't got my atlas here now. Haspin Acres is in a very small town called Laurel, about 13 mi south of Connersville. When you get into Laurel, 121 will make a sharp left turn then a sharp right turn, when you see the package liquor store on your right, make a left turn at the intersection past the liquor store. Go over the bridge and get ready to bear right onto Haspins drive up the hill, you'll see the sign on your right. I hope this helps, this place is a blast so you'll have fun for sure. they were from Bryan
I have never went that way, but Im sure it would be faster.
I am still planning on going in march like the 10th or when ever that is the weekend.

MuDDog
97 Sportsman 500

Old 02-08-2001, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I'd love to go riding at Haspin this weekend.
I'm waiting on some parts to rebuild the top end on my Scrambler. Sounds like a good time and the weather should be nice.

Old 02-09-2001, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

We will be there about 9;30 or 10:00,see ya.

TRUCK

Old 02-09-2001, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

Great, Truck! We'll see ya there! Obviously, the weather has changed (duh!), adn it will be in the 30's (overnight & all day), as the warm front moved through quicker than expected. Still will be a great ride.....

Old 02-10-2001, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys, how big is Haspin Acres? Is it as big as the Badlands in Attica? and is it as much fun? What do they have to offer there? We're always looking for new places to ride.

Old 02-11-2001, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Haspin is alot bigger than the Badlands.It has many big hills and alot of trails two motocross tracks, one big ,and one small ,and a drag strip.It is very rocky but it is alot of fun 2000 400EX too many mods to list 88 250R to many mods to list. Have fun.

Old 02-12-2001, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Just went to Haspin this weekend,we had lots of
fun.It has lots of trails and hills,no big hills.
The people that own the place need to invest in
a bullbozer to smooth out the very rutted up trails.Another thing that would help would be to
keep the 4x4 trucks and jeeps out,they help to
make the ruts real deep!Bigrock is the Best place
we have ever ridden,it has hills for every skill
level,mud holes and lots of well mantained trails.
Another thing I just thought of about, Haspin
needs to have people to either quit drinking beer
there or have someone go around the trails and pick up beer bottles,they where everywhere!

TRUCK

Old 02-12-2001, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, Truck, I agree. That's another reason why I won't spend a whole lot of time there in the summer, if at all. We are gonna have to do a Big Rock ride. Sure had a lot of fun riding around with you folks. When we got home, Mike was having a few problems with his bike, and he found out later that his battery cables has worked themselves loose. I will probably be down at Big Rock on 3/3, we'll have to work out a way to meet, and let you show us around......

Quick Reply: Haspin Acres (Indiania) ride this weekend (2/10)