Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ohio...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beastly 3hundo
I think the best place to ride is in mingo jct, it has everything BUT trail markers, mainly bcs it's gov land that people aren't supposed to ride on. I went there with my friend and his whole family and the trails are just AMAZING. The lime piles are the best part of it. I think the best bet for you would be . I live in mansfield, so I'm sorta right in the middle, I can go pretty much wherever I want to in Ohio.
thanks for the info, but mingo if i found the right place is clear on the eastern border as is wellsville. both places i might definitely check out some day but i would love to find somewhere public or private near(10-20 minutes) my home of west jefferson. i am used to living on enough acerage to be able to ride the woods behind my house after work or on the weekends, since moving here i havent found anywhere to fullfill that itch without having to make an all day event out of it. thanks again and also thanks for any other suggestions or invitations.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

You could try to look on southernohioriders dot com... i know there are a few people from akron on there.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Wink

Originally Posted by Ushoodabotahonda
thanks for the info, but mingo if i found the right place is clear on the eastern border as is wellsville. both places i might definitely check out some day but i would love to find somewhere public or private near(10-20 minutes) my home of west jefferson. i am used to living on enough acerage to be able to ride the woods behind my house after work or on the weekends, since moving here i havent found anywhere to fullfill that itch without having to make an all day event out of it. thanks again and also thanks for any other suggestions or invitations.
Yeah, Mingo Jct is only about 10-15 miles away from West Virginia, right in the foothills of the App. mtns. Some of the trails are very difficult, and others are very easy. I've also been to Wayne national forest, those trails are good to, you also have your choise of how hard the trails are.