Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ohio...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio...

My 14 yr old son and I live close to Akron, Ohio... in Wadsworth to be exact.
We live somewhat out in the country and used to ride the area fields until the fields were developed and houses put in. Now we've somewhat lost the ability to go out and "explore" the fields and creeks without aggravating our new "city folks" that wanted to live in the country....

I am looking for a place fairly close to me for my son (14) and I can ride. I know we have Federal forests and other private areas like Wellsville to ride but all those places are 2hrs or more away to get to.
Any one in here know something closer for us to ride on private or not?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Ohio...

I dont live in ohio, but i heard of some bill thing in Ohio state that they might pass. It will take away 2.1 million acres of quad land. Now this is not only in Ohio, the 2.1 million acres will be spread out across the U.S. So this is not really a good time to ask, but I dont know if this bill will effect your area.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

Don't know of too many places - maybe the Lime piles at Mingo Junction? - I have not been there, but there's some info at ohiomafiariders.com. As for wellsville, it's not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. The trails are tricky and hills are LONG and STEEP, expect multiple wash-outs and step-ups in a lot of climbs.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by The original Firehawk
My 14 yr old son and I live close to Akron, Ohio... in Wadsworth to be exact.
We live somewhat out in the country and used to ride the area fields until the fields were developed and houses put in. Now we've somewhat lost the ability to go out and "explore" the fields and creeks without aggravating our new "city folks" that wanted to live in the country....

I am looking for a place fairly close to me for my son (14) and I can ride. I know we have Federal forests and other private areas like Wellsville to ride but all those places are 2hrs or more away to get to.
Any one in here know something closer for us to ride on private or not?
ATVSkool dot com. This place has a monthly ride for ATV's. Not the perfect solution, but it helps. You will find many ppl reluctant to post their riding areas for fear of attracting the kind of riders that will draw attention to it - the WRONG kind of attention.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

There is a place in West Carrollton, Ohio called Bogens. There is about 107 acres of trails, climbing, tracks, jumps and more. It is privately owned and costs nothing to ride. The rules are simple. You may ride all you want, make new trails and even drive your 4x4's back here ... just DON'T burn the place down. It is very simple to get to. One good entrance to the woods is located at the corner of Graceland Dr. and Diana. You can mapquest it. The area code for WC is 45449. Please be respectful to the citizens living on the street near the entrance, for they are your only way into the woods. They don't mind if you park in front of their houses, as long as you don't take up all the parking. SO if you have to park down the street and ride your atv's or dirtbikes to the entrance ... no problem. Don't track mud up and down the street. Enjoy!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer

There is another in Urichsville not to far south of you called Crow's Canyon its a district 12 AMA moto & GNCC track with what looks to be about 400 acres of trails.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Another Place to ride

I have been riding in Northridge, Ohio off of I-75. I found a place the locals call "Plaza". It is a city facility that has everything. Trails, straights, jumps, hills, etc. It is free to ride. The only problem is finding the entrance. You have to go back in the plat to find the entrance. It is at the dead end of a road. There are several places to enter if you have 2 wheels and only one that I have found if you are on 4. There are always several riders back there and I have to admit ... the place is fun. Mud if you want it, and none if you don't. Gravel, mud, dirt ... it's all there. I have to go for now ... Heading over there NOW!! Be safe out there and have fun.

Jason
Tires, air filters, oil filters, and oil

Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ohio Mafia Riders Forums - Ohio's Underground ATV, Quad, and Side X Side ATV Source! Welcome to the family.
sign up theres a bunch of good guys to ride with and show you where to ride. i also live in akron in portage lakes

Old 07-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Wink

Originally Posted by JTJones
I have been riding in Northridge, Ohio off of I-75. I found a place the locals call "Plaza". It is a city facility that has everything. Trails, straights, jumps, hills, etc. It is free to ride. The only problem is finding the entrance. You have to go back in the plat to find the entrance. It is at the dead end of a road. There are several places to enter if you have 2 wheels and only one that I have found if you are on 4. There are always several riders back there and I have to admit ... the place is fun. Mud if you want it, and none if you don't. Gravel, mud, dirt ... it's all there. I have to go for now ... Heading over there NOW!! Be safe out there and have fun.

Jason
Tires, air filters, oil filters, and oil
You know of any where closer to west Jefferson or Columbus

Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

I think the best place to ride is in mingo jct, it has everything BUT trail markers, mainly bcs it's gov land that people aren't supposed to ride on. I went there with my friend and his whole family and the trails are just AMAZING. The lime piles are the best part of it. I think the best bet for you would be Wellsville. I live in mansfield, so I'm sorta right in the middle, I can go pretty much wherever I want to in Ohio.

Quick Reply: Ohio...