Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any Illinois riders?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Illinois riders?

I live just north of Chicago.

What kind if riding does "The Cliffs" provide. I was considering making a day trip there just to get dust off the machines. I just don't want huge mud holes. Was looking for some trail/technical stuff to ride. A place my wife could get more confident riding up and down steep inclines (To get ready for trip in May). Would the cliffs provide this for us.

Have a trip to Hatfield-McCoy in May already planned. The camping reservations have been made.

Thanks

TG

Old 02-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Turfguy

I live just north of Chicago.

What kind if riding does "The Cliffs" provide. I was considering making a day trip there just to get dust off the machines. I just don't want huge mud holes. Was looking for some trail/technical stuff to ride. A place my wife could get more confident riding up and down steep inclines (To get ready for trip in May). Would the cliffs provide this for us.

Have a trip to Hatfield-McCoy in May already planned. The camping reservations have been made.

Thanks

TG</end quote></div>

i would take the wife to Rocky glen it is a large Atv park and she can learn alot there and get more practice.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Rocky Glen is alright (about 5 minutes from my brothers house in Rockford). Not real big, but a nice change of scenery. I was there the second weekend it was open so none of the trails were broken in yet. Would like to get back there soon though.

Matt

Old 02-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone going to be going to the Cliffs anytime soon? I've been itching to get out and do some riding!

Matt

Old 02-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BagoXCAlum

Anyone going to be going to the Cliffs anytime soon? I've been itching to get out and do some riding!

Matt</end quote></div>

Never been to the cliff how big is it.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys, will look into it.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Hello,
I ride the cliffs almost exclusively and you will love it. It has it all IMO. If you don't want mud there is some riding without it, but if it has been wet, forget about it. It can be a real mess. There is all the technical stuff you could ever want and it is about as extreme as it gets for Illinois. It is an excellent place to go and the people are friendly. I plan to go to Hatfield this year too if I can afford it. I live in Yorkville, just west of Aurora and it is about a 45 minute drive at the most for me to be at the cliffs. I am going to purchase a season pass for my quads. It will cost me
$400 for the two of them, but will pay for itself in 10 trips so it will save me money. The only complaint that i have is the lack of a place to wash off the quads. It costs a fortune at the car wash and the car wash owners bitch about cleaning off the mud. They need to have a wash set up so that you can clean it off before it dries. They have a great creek to ride through to get alot of it off, but you have to get soaked in the process. The flags are a pain in the rear too, I am constantly having to repair them due to being broken. Lots of low branches that break the junk fiberglass rods, and at $12 apiece it sucks. Am planning to "build" my own flags using a steel "whip" antaena with the large spring on it with hopes that it will endure the punishment.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

could someone give me a web site address for the cliff might make a trip up there. Plus how much for a out of state pass i live in wisconsin.

Thanks
Any info would be great.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Hello,
Just go to Google and type "The Cliffs, Marseilles, IL" and you will get their website. As for a Wisconsin rider, I believe it is just $22 per day, (at least it was for 2008). It is a great place to ride. I believe it is just over 300 acres but it is as tough as you want, or there is some easy riding too. Hope to see you there this year.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

Thanks for the info, I will see you there.

Quick Reply: Any Illinois riders?