Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

South Eastern PA - any good areas within an hour or two drive???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2001, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Philly, PA and am looking for some good places to ride. Currently, there is a spot in Trevose, PA that WAS fun, but is getting a little boring. I've never ridden anywhere else.

Old 02-09-2001, 05:12 PM
Trailblazer

There is Jack Frost Traxx at jack frost mt. It has a couple mx tracks and enduro trasils.

Old 02-10-2001, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Try Rausch Creek or Tower City (you'll need a member to go with to get you into T-city).
And I hear Blackwood re-opened.
These places are all located near Pine Grove and Tremont.
Rausch is $25 per day
Tower City is $20 per day
Blackwood is free

And Mt. Carmel is too far away. That would take about 3 1/2 hrs. from Phily! I live in the Hershey/Harrisburg area and it's about an hour-and 15 to get there.

Old 02-11-2001, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

If your looking get away, head down the shore.Bellplain is good. Forked river is good.
And it's probably only an hour from ya

Old 02-27-2001, 12:52 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the ideas. I plan on trying them out once the weather gets a bit warmer.

Old 03-01-2001, 04:57 AM
Trailblazer

i dont know how slow 400exrydr drives but mt carmel is only about15 minutes away from rausch creek and blackwood and there is some pretty good riding up there also in the outskirts shenadoah!!as for blackwood"blackwood sucks".it was great at one time,then all the hills got worn down& then it became an"all-day"party spot!!you have people that ride around,while getting drunk & high and littering up the place.not my idea of a fun(or safe)place to ride!!go to mt. carmel or around shenadoah,you wont be disappointed!you can email me if you need some info on where to ride or how to get there or i'm sure gapracer won't mind helping you also.

Old 03-01-2001, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I know. There's a real problem with the partying. As for the hills, you've got to go on the north side of 209. Towards the waterfall trail. That's where the real hills are.

I'm not 100% sure it's still open. They closed it down last fall. I've talked to some friends who say they still ride there. The mining company started to block some of the trails with logs.
As for Mt. Carmel, it's a great area. It's just too far a drive. It's only 15 mins. further up 81, but it's another half-hour on that back road (206?). It's about an hour-15 total from home and I'm not going to drive that every weekend.

If it's still closed then I'm going to join Tower City. I hear good things about them.

Old 03-02-2001, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Tower City added some land so i think they have like 12000 acres now, i wish they would let people ride for the day instead of becoming a member for the $175 fee they want! I went there once and they let me ride but if i wanted to go back they wanted me to join.
Mt. Carmel is great, huge coal piles at the Black desert are wicked to blast up!

Old 03-02-2001, 03:44 AM
Trailblazer

i think i know where you are talking about,it's called indian-head?if you think the hills are big there then you should check out some of the ones up here...they are more like mountain climbs!massive!i thought they were big out indian-head ,and they are compared to most in this area,but when i found the these ones,i was blown away!you should come and try riding here for a weekend,you'll love it!

Old 03-02-2001, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

500duse is bellplain still open I heard they shut it down pretty good.

Quick Reply: South Eastern PA - any good areas within an hour or two drive???