Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anybody know Superstition?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know Superstition?

I am getting ready to head out to Superstition in a week or two with a few friends. We have never been there, so I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it was rocky, sandy, hills, flat, or whatever. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fun place! Basically just a huge volcano, that has gotten covered in sand over the millenia. Great if you like sand, but don't necessarily want to do hard core duning like at Glamis. I never have found it quite necessary to run paddles. Anyway, the ground all around is hard and will tear up your paddles getting to and from your campsite.

There are trails all around the mountain. Mostly just flat but fun wash cruising. Go on the BLM WECO web site, and there are trail maps. We often ride down to there from Pole Line Rd. in Ocotillo. Just leaves us enough gas to mess around a little in the sand, then beat it back before we run out.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I googled "blm weco maps", but only found the old proposed maps from back in 2002. There is a site with the final maps that you can print out, but couldn't find it right now. The trails are all numbered, and the signage is excellent.

Maybe call the El Centro BLM office, and ask about it: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/elcentro.html