Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Information on Park Falls, WI area.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information on Park Falls, WI area.

I'm heading to Park Falls, WI area in July. I'm wondering what the trails are like and what to expect. We're staying at the campground right on the lake there in Park Falls. I just rode Black River Falls, WI a couple weekends ago. It was a blast.
Wondering if the trails are similar at Park Falls and how many miles of trails there are in the area? I appreciate the help fellas!

Old 06-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Park Falls area

Sorry that no one has responded. I just registered on the site today.
Park Falls is at one end of the Tuscobia trail, which is an abandoned railroad bed. It gets pretty dusty when a number of machines are riding together. They have a web site for the trail, www.tuscobiatrail.com.

We use the trail for both 4 wheeling and snowmobiling, although we use it primarily to get to other trails. The Dead Horse Trail is a bit challenging, but can be quite fun. You can take it all the way to Clam Lake, which I understand can take 5 or 6 hours. It goes north off the Tuscobia between Oxbo & Draper. There is also a trail to the south, which goes to the Cabin on Connors Lake and the Flambeau Forest Inn, which is a nice ride. There are also a lot of town and forest roads that you can ride. Just make sure they are posted for ATVs.

Both Price & Sawyer county have some pretty good trail maps, which you can order on line or pick up when you get there, depending on how much time you have before your trip. Have a great trip.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:44 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks! I've been ordering plenty of information on the surrounding area. I recieved all the maps for the surrounding area. I'm glad you said there was challenging trails, definately looking forward to that! I've been to the Black Hills here in SD a few times, and those are some tricky trails. We will be up there for a week. We usually put on near 600 miles on these week long trips.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Park Falls

If challenging is what you want, I'd say Dead Horse will be a good one for you. Unfortunately, the area has been pretty dry so there may not be as much mud as usual, but still it's a beautiful area. The trails we've been on down through the Flameau River State Forest have been nice, but I don't think I'd use challenging to describe the few we've been on. Hope you have a great trip!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

I know we're able to ride into Sawyer Country.
If you were to take a week long trip, what routes would you take?
We would like to ride into Iron and Ashland countties. Are there connecting routes that could get us there? Thanks for your help Griz!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Dead Horse trail will take you into southwestern Ashland County up to Clam Lake. Not sure on trails going east out of Clam Lake. I've not been over to Iron County at all, but I'm sure there are trails. It looks like trail 8 out of Clam Lake will head east toward Iron County, but I don't have a map of Ashland County to see for sure.
Have a great trip.